Knitty Gritty-Lily Chin crochets....

CLLinda

with Knitting needles. Lily was on the show and she was demonstrating how to crochet using knitting needles. She worked on making a knitting needle case that way and it turned out so cute. It was made in stripes and just was beautiful.

Now it's something unusual to be crocheting with knitting needles, but it is possible. What do you think?

Personally, I think it's a lot easier just using a hook, but it just shows how you can adapt each craft.

:manyheart

"Why???" is what I ask when it's so much easier handling ONE hook as opposed to two long needles. Now, once I stumbled on a website that demonstrated how to make stockinette and garter stitch with a crochet hook and that is something I'd be interested in since I don't have patience to really learn knitting (do know how to cast on and knit & purl) but I made the mistake of not bookmarking the site and when I tried to find it through a search I couldn't, all I found was reference to a book that explains it but I'm sure I saw several photos showing how.

"Why???" is what I ask when it's so much easier handling ONE hook as opposed to two long needles. Now, once I stumbled on a website that demonstrated how to make stockinette and garter stitch with a crochet hook and that is something I'd be interested in since I don't have patience to really learn knitting (do know how to cast on and knit & purl) but I made the mistake of not bookmarking the site and when I tried to find it through a search I couldn't, all I found was reference to a book that explains it but I'm sure I saw several photos showing how.

That was exactly my first thought - why bother unless some force of nature caused every crochet hook on earth to dematerialize? :lol

What's next? How to crochet with tennis racquets? How to crochet with mixing bowls? How to knit with baseball bats?

I saw that episode too, and I even started to post about it. I thought that the project was beautiful also, but I just kept wondering why too. It looked so much slower and so many more steps than crocheting. It would have been easier just to crochet it.

Oh well...to each his own, I suppose. It was a pretty needle case.

:D

Archived