Any ideas on how to present....

a whole bunch of baby gifts made for a Pregnancy First group?

Our church is having a baby shower for those who get pregnant and need help. We have one every year and all the items are donated to a Pregnancy help group in our area.

I have made quite a few things for this shower. Baby hats, buntings, a couple afghans, and more items I have made through the year.

I was wondering how to make them attractive in a box. How to display what I have made. I was thinking of putting them in a large box that Xerox paper comes in but I need some ideas.

I have a month or so before I need to have it ready to go, so I have time. Any ideas would be helpful.

:manyheart

If you have a bunch of diapers too, you could always make a diaper cake. You can wrap the layers of diapers with the blankets and just attach things here and there. As they are needed they can just be pulled off. I dunno, just a thought. and they definitley look cute! I've made them before. And wreaths too if you want something smaller.

Cake

2348944011_d3023f7e4a_m.jpg

Wreath

2348945591_c526662142_m.jpg

Maybe you could put little sets in small baskets and tie them up with cellophane and ribbons? When I did my baking this year, I bought several baskets without handles from the dollar store and lined the bottom with parchment, then arranged the goodies and wrapped the whole thing in cellophane and ribbon. Makes a really nice presentation and you can see what's in there.

I always wrap my gifts in receiving blankets and use diaper pins to hold them together just like you where using wrapping paper. Then I take the rest of the pins to put little things on top such as pacifiers, bibs and anything little that they will need and arrange them in to some form of bow on top. No one else has ever done that at any showers I have gone too and its a big hit. I do the same with weddings but use bath towels or dish towel which ever you prefer then wrap an extention cord around the package like a ribbon and tie the rest into a bow, then pin kitchen gadget to the cord bow. I hate using wrapping paper and all it does is get ripped off and has no use but put in garbage. This way every bit of the gift is used.

Putting them in a box would be wonderful. You can just cover the box in pretty paper and the lid separately so that they can just life the lid off and see what's inside. :)

All,

I just sent Amy a pm. I created a PDF file that shows how to make a paper box look like a crb, cradle or bassinet. I have asked her if it was ok to post and how to post a pdf here. If she gives the OK I will post it.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Amy and sent her the file. If she finds it appropriate she will post it later today or tomorrow in the appropriate thread. If it gets posted feel free to make as many as you want and you may share the patterns with anyone but please dont sell it.

Archived