Caron Country?

I want to make Memphis Fingerless Gloves. The required yarn is the Caron Country but I want to substitute Caron One Pound Rainbow Tones. I know that they are both worsted but there are differnet thicknesses in worsted yarn! Is country one of the thinner worsted like simply soft (to use another caron yarn) or a thicker one (like one pound) or something in between (like rhss)?

Yeah. I was jsut at their website but it didn't give that information besides worsted. At least as far as I can tell. I know that they call simply soft and one pounders both worsted and simply soft is a lot thinner than the one pounder.

one pounder is

100% acrylic

4"=18 stitches on size 8 needles.

Suggested crochet hook: H8

country is 75% microdenier acrylic/25% merino wool

3 ounces (85 grams) 185 yards

4"=16 stitches on size 9 needles

Suggested crochet hook: I9

If i remember right country is not only thicker, but also way softer than the one pounder.

I have the caron country and I feel it's much lighter, softer, shinier than the pounder. I love working with it. YUMMY!! I can easily use my H on the country but I've got to go up a hook for comfort on the pounder.

I have both the Country and the Pounder and the Country is thinner. Check the gauge on your pattern as you go along and you may still be able to substitute like you want but I really think the Simply Soft is closer in weight to the Country.

Archived