Birthdays 2009 CAL

Jempast

I don't know if a CAL like this has been done before. Every crocheter has people they crochet birthday gifts for. Why don't we all work on them together. The idea of this CAL is make a list of the people you are going to be making birthday gifts for then by their name list the date of their birthday & what item(s) you want to crochet for them. I thought this would be a good way to keep track & to make sure we don't 'forget' a birthday for that special someone. Feel free to join anytime!

Here is my list:

Feb 6 - Grandmother - Doily

March 13 - Sister - Doily

April 4 - Mom - Afghan of her parents

May 20 - Brother - Unsure

May 22 - Mother in law - Unsure

May 29 - Husband - Socks

June 25 - Step father - Socks

August 19 - Grandfather - Afghan

September 7 - Sister - Coasters

September 9 - Dad - Socks

October 29 - Step mom - Unsure

November 23 - Father in law - Unsure

December 3 - Aunt - Cat Afghan

I don't know if a CAL like this has been done before. Every crocheter has people they crochet birthday gifts for. Why don't we all work on them together. The idea of this CAL is make a list of the people you are going to be making birthday gifts for then by their name list the date of their birthday & what item(s) you want to crochet for them. I thought this would be a good way to keep track & to make sure we don't 'forget' a birthday for that special someone. Feel free to join anytime!

Here is my list:

Feb 6 - Grandmother - Doily

March 13 - Sister - Doily

April 4 - Mom - Afghan of her parents

May 20 - Brother - Unsure

May 22 - Mother in law - Unsure

May 29 - Husband - Socks

June 25 - Step father - Socks

August 19 - Grandfather - Afghan

September 7 - Sister - Coasters

September 9 - Dad - Socks

October 29 - Step mom - Unsure

November 23 - Father in law - Unsure

December 3 - Aunt - Cat Afghan

I'm thinking of joining your group though I would have to think of what to crochet everybody for their birthdays and by the way my birthday is on the 23rd of November,too lol Well I'll join this group and think of people's birthdays as I go along hey way not

I like this idea. I have two birthday projects in mind, both of which I started a long time ago, but which have been relegated to a corner to gather dust. Maybe this CAL is just what I need to get and keep me motivated to get working on them again.

My projects:

MAM afghan for neice: March 18

Sunflowers afghan for Mom: Sept. 27

• 2 weeks later...

You can count me in. I love making handmade gifts.

Working out what to make for my Mum, mum-inlaw,sister and friends will be easy. But for all the men in the family not so easy Ill have to real think hard about them.

well I've made my grandmother a hat and scarf set so I plan on giving it to her this coming up Sunday since it is her birthday next I have to work on making stuff for my girls birthday now to figure out what to make them for their birthdays hmmmmmmmmmm?

well I'm starting to comply my list together of what to make for birthdays it can be mind boggling for me so I guess first I'll start thinking of what to make the kids and my fiance since their birthdays are close:

Margaret - May 11th

Hannah- May 19th

nephew-jun 15th

Elizabeth- June 20th

fiance-June 24th

sister- July 8th

Melinda-Aug2nd going to try to make her a pig since she likes pigs

friend's mom-Sept 2nd not sure what to make yet

dad- Oct 14th I think I will make him an afghan though I have sometime

niece-Dec 26th not sure but I also have time to think about that

Archived