101 crochet squares

faeriegirl1972

Question

I just bought 101 crochet squares by Jean Leinhauser.

I am trying to make square #6 the butterfly square, has anyone tried this pattern. I'm have major problems with round #4. I always end up with extra stitches.... Help me.

if you have this book and can explain how to work round four. I'm having problems right after working the first corner.

thanks.

betty

www.faeriegirl1972/blogspot.com

7 answers to this question

hi i have that book but have not made them yet. let me see if i can find it and try to make it and let ya know what is wrong, i am thinking though that maybe you are adding a extra stitch when you join the square. thats a really common mistake. my students do a lot of, but i will see if i can find it and help you as soon as i can. anyone else done this that can help sooner?:think :think i will look tomorrow for it k:hug vicki

I have that book, lemme work one up and see what happens.

Edit: I'm at Rnd 4 and all it is is you're dc in each dc and ch-1 sp and putting 7 dc in each corner ch-3 sp.

You should have 72 dc around at that point.

:frog

the problem is when you get to the next round it seems like I have too many double crochets. I do the corner and sc 17 but the next corner is about 4-6 crochets away.

I have done this square so many times, but this square won't beat me down.

I willl get it... Hopefully. i want to make a afgan with butterflies squares for my neice.

I've worked the first side of rnd 5 and it's coming out right. Count your dc on each side of rnd 4, you should have 11 dc on each side-not counting the 7 corner dc.

Are you attaching the yarn in the 4th dc of the corner group?

:frog

I have had the same problem when following patterns i have not figured out yet why i have more stitches in a round or square than i should have. i love butterflies so it sounds good what you are trying to make. :woo

Archived