Candy Cane Hooks???

I am readying for a holiday trip and was making sure that both my crocheted & knitted dishcloth projects had plastic needles so I will get thru the airports and I stumbled across my set of plastic Susan Bates Candy Cane striped knitting needles - which I thought I would use a pair to be fun seeing it's Christmas and all -

Then I got to brainstorming about why there are no Susan Bates Candy Cane Stripe Crochet hooks????:think:think:think

Wouldn't those be fun to use this time of year too???

The plastic material they use on the knitting needles is so nice - it's like the old bakelite - not brittle plastic so they are soft in the hands. And the colors for each pair are each different - here's a pic of them!:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Susan-Bates-Cand-Canes-Acrylic-10-Knitting-Needle-Set_W0QQitemZ370126046987QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item370126046987&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Then I got to brainstorming about why there are no Susan Bates Candy Cane Stripe Crochet hooks????

Wouldn't those be fun to use this time of year too???

I think that too every year when I see the knitting needles.

And no, the Candy Cane hooks are not the same. They are solid colors, not striped like the knitting needles are as is a true candy candy.

If they made the crochet hooks stripey like the knitting needles I'd buy a set to use at Christmastime. To me, though, the crochet hooks they have are not really candy cane hooks, they're just packaged one red, one white and one green. I'll just use my regular red and green hooks and save a few bucks! :lol If I knew how to knit I'd definitely buy the knitting needles, though. Those are cute!

When I read this thread, I remembered seeing these wooden painted knitting needles and hooks for the various holidays. I know they are a lot more expensive than the plastic ones, and I am definitely not able to spend that kind of money. But they are pretty, and one can dream!

Check out the Holly Berries and Jack Frost patterns. They even do custom designs.

http://www.bellablue.net/

I know what you mean Empress, they are just solid color hooks not like how the knitting needles are striped just like a peppermint stick or candy cane - :candycane:candycane:candycane

Archived