Need Yarn Suggestion

blong2001

Isn't microspun acrylic? I do like it-feels so nice and I think it is easy to work with.

I can still get cotton ease somewhere around here-I noticed it last week. Being I went to 3 places and last week was a long one I will have to go back to all three and figure it out!

Thanks!!!!

Microspun is a microfiber acrylic. About the softest yarn you'll find! It's my favorite yarn and it comes in the widest range of colors! The only problem with microspun is it tends to unravel or split while crocheting. Hooks like slipping into the strands instead of around them. But it's worth all that to have something completed with microspun. I have the Spiderweb skirt pattern and plan on using microspun to make it.

Hmmm, I just bought that pattern as well, because you guys are enabling me. Snuck it into the house with some yarn with the daughter was out. She says there is NO MORE ROOM FOR YARN but what does she know.

Anyway, do you think Joanne's Rainbow Boucle would work for this skirt? I don't know if it is thick enough, but wouldn't it look cool changing colors?

Sandra

I ordered this pattern as well and emailed Josi regarding types of yarn. She said anything goes. I haven't decided what yarn I will use just yet. I'm finishing up a skirt from another book now using sugars and cream (for fall). I think that will be too thick for the Spider Skirt. Carrons has some very pretty cottons that I may check out.

Happy crocheting!

Dawn

OK you talked me into it...microspun it is. I am thinking of Turquoise or black. I think I need to buy a new top to go with it. Well, not really.....but new skirt needs a new top, and shoes!

I am planning on getting started next week!

• 1 month later...

Curious to see if anyone had started using the mircospun, or anyone had used anyting different? I just got the pattern and want to start it. I have some time though. I am crocheting a few things for other people and want to finish those first. I have some cotton, but am wondering if that will be too heavy? :think

Microspun is wonderful for drape, lightweight. I think ww cotton would make it kind of heavy and stretch a bit. TLC Cotton Plus is like Cotton-Ease, a 50/50 blend of cotton and acrylic-soft with sheen. You could try that.

Archived