What I just saw

Just had to tell what I saw today at the Starbucks Kiosk at the mall. They had decorative wreaths and they were made of yarn balls. I wish I had a camera so that I had a picture to show. The yarn was green and rolled into balls and glued to a metal wreath frame. In between they had glued red ornaments. The balls of yarn were not all the same size and some of them had shiny silver filament running thru. If I had more time this season, I think I would try to make one.

I saw this also!!

It looks like they took different sizes of Styrofoam balls and wrapped them with the green yarn. These were a dark, forest color of green not the bright Christmas green. They were then placed in a wreath shape with the red ball ornaments. The wreath was on the door. Inside they had done the same thing with the green yarn but very large (basketball size) and placed on top of a pole of some sort then that was in a pot, it looked like an ivy topiary. Very clever!

I've seen them, also! Except our Starbucks had them lying on a table with some merchandise, as a display. Of course I had to pick one up to see what kind of yarn it could be. LoL They would actually make very cute ornaments if I had the time.

Wow! I really LIKE:manyheart these, I guess by combining different colors you could make wreaths for all seasons or holidays! You know.......pastels and spring green, with a few silk flowers and it is a springtime wreath --red, white and blue with stars and it is a 4th of July wreath......the possibilities are endless! Decorations for showers, weddings or birthday parties.......oh! Too many ideas.....my head is starting to hurt!:headacheLOL:lol! I would imagine that the balls are wired to a wire frame base.

Archived