Very sad... :( Son of Stitch 'n Bitch

upc2000

I just picked up a few weeks ago the Son of Stitch 'n Bitch. I thought it might have some fun things because I found several patterns in the Happy Hooker book my friends bought me as a gift.

Most of the book was all for knitting and I don't know how to knitt.

And now!

I just found about every pattern for crochet in the book, online for free! :irk

http://www.mylifetime.com/lifestyle/home-crafts/craft-ideas/needle-arts/crochet-projects#id=4

Perhaps this is the way of the great Cosmos letting you know you're ready to learn how to knit? :) Give it a try; there is nothing to lose. For years I shied away from knitting and would never buy pattern booklets with both crochet and knitting in them; but I loved the look of knits so eventually got ready to take the plunge. There is a learning curve, certainly, but it was worth it; knowing both to crochet and knit is one of my happier accomplishments. Go for it!

I have been trying to learn...

But the only person i know that knows how is left handed and she's tried to teach me, and she's not even sure she's doing it right, plus all she knows how to do is make scarfs.

I have been watching youtube too. So far not a ton of luck. :D

2 of them are from the book, and those are really the only ones I found I could have over looked one or two.

What a bummer! I hate finding a pattern that I purchased, free on the internet. :hug

Are all the patterns in the book posted? It looked to me that the patterns were from several books.

Wow sorry to hear about this. Yep, I would be very mad if I purchased something only to find out that most of the patterns are available for free on the internet. That's way I don't buy the yearly calendar of crochet.

Well, that is a bummer. Unfortunately i can't say I think much of those 2 designs anyhow...I don't get the roll up scarf at all, and the hat looks like Donald Duck's profile to me. too bad there are not more crochet designs in the book. This is why I always try to check out books from the library before buying, or at least take a real good look at the bookstore or LYS before i buy, sit down and look at each page.

You might want to look at Drew Emborsky's new book of designs for men, you can see a couple of designs here and link to the book on Amazon http://blog.thecrochetdude.com/

As far as knitting, there are some good videos here http://www.knittinghelp.com/

upc---I totally get the friend part; I'm grateful I had a co-worker to assist me and answer lots of my knitting questions, but she knits combined...so that was different from what I was learning from the "I taught myself how to knit" booklet that I had purchased (a great value by the way). I suggest printing off a coupon to your local chain craft store (40% off 1 item usually) and buying it. Also, it is a great idea to take 1 beginner's lesson; perhaps as a holiday present from one of your family members or to yourself? There is so much online also. There are various meetup groups if you google for that; perhaps you'll locate one in your area, or at a local yarn shop they usually have 1 "free knit" night per week and if they charge for that at all it is about $3 dollars for the coffee and snacks provided. It's a great way to find some like-minded crafters and get some assistance to help you through the first steps. Hope this assists.

I have been trying to learn...

But the only person i know that knows how is left handed and she's tried to teach me, and she's not even sure she's doing it right, plus all she knows how to do is make scarfs.

I have been watching youtube too. So far not a ton of luck. :D

Being left handed is not relevant in knitting like it is in crocheting. There are different styles of knitting - you can hold the working yarn either in your right hand or left hand (which is more like crocheting) - but you can do either one whether you are right/left handed.

Try knittinghelp.com which has some good videos on how to knit either way (English or Continental).

I agree, give it a try. Knowing how to do both doubles your fun!

Archived