Sugar & Cream vs. Peaches & Cream

diamond

Can you stand just one more comment on Sugar & Cream?

I made my first dishcloth the other day, washed it before use and surprise: shrinkage. I should have measured before wash and after, but if it's noticeable to me, it has to be substantial.

(I am working on one right now, I will definitely measure this time)

And no, it is not an issue in this case but if I were to make a wearable item or even a bag that needs to accommodate, say, a folder then it could be a big disappointment.

I sort of anticipated that.

What do you mean by regular cotton yarn? As opposed to what?

Also, how practical is it to hang it to dry? (It seemed to take a long time in the dryer, it would take "forever" hanging)

Hmmm, I'm still gonna finish the baby blanket. I'll just have to make sure it's large enough for shrinkage. (With three cones of it, I'm sure that will be plenty). *Hope, hope, hope* :xfin

I'm using a shell stitch and if it shrinks, it may just add some lumpy, puffed up, texture to it, (as well as make it very warm and heavier than it already is!). :lol

I sort of anticipated that.

What do you mean by regular cotton yarn? As opposed to what?

Also, how practical is it to hang it to dry? (It seemed to take a long time in the dryer, it would take "forever" hanging)

As opposed to mercerized cotton or cotton blends. As for practicality, some people don't use machine dryers at all. I, on the other hand, toss everything into the dryer!

Archived