Would you like to be a Christmas Angel? I could use some help.

ENGRbyDAY

I would like to take some time to appeal to the wonderful sense of support and charity that everyone here at the ‘Ville seems to have. I would like help making an afghan for a woman and her two daughters.

The afghan is for a woman who is going through a nasty divorce at the moment and I really think she could use a reminder that she is not alone in the world and there are people out there who care. Not only is she going through a nasty divorce but because of the bad habits of her soon-to-be ex, she has been left in a difficult situation financially.

And so, my husband and I are going to do what we can to help them out. I am going to make scarves for her two teenage daughters. I would also like to include a gift card to Wal-Mart or someplace like that to help them out with everyday needs.

For the afghan I would like to do it in solid colored (no black, white, or neutrals), worsted weight, acrylic yarn, 12” squares. If you are interested or have any questions please PM me and I’ll PM you my address. I would like to get it finished by Christmas but I know everyone is busy with their own Christmas projects and festivities and so I am not going to stress out if it gets done a little bit later.

In advance, THANK YOU !! for your generosity and willingness to donate time to a family who needs a little love this Holiday Season!

I can send you a square or two. PM me with the address please. Could you give me a better idea on the colors too?? I've got bright colors like red, orange and green or I've got others like purple, pink, royal blue, sage green. Will any of those colors work??

I PM'd an answer to minnisoda's question about color but I thought I'd put it here too in case anyone else was wondering.

Any color will work. I want to squares to be solid colors and then I will join them in whatever neutral I feel works best.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I got your squares in the mail yesterday minnisoda...they are beautiful, just what I was looking for! THank you!

Sorry about the delay in sending my address to the rest of you I will do that right now!

Thanks again everybody!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to minnisoda, jessicagil, and grannytme for helping me with this random act of Christmas. I had the opportunity to deliver these items to the recipients anonomously so I jumped at the chance to do so. So far I haven't heard whether or not they have figured out who it is from.

So here are pictures of the comfort-ghan that you helped me with and also the 2 scarves that I made for the 2 girls.

Thanks again! May your lives be blessed for helping those in need!

th_IMG_0215.jpg th_IMG_0216.jpg th_IMG_0217.jpg

Archived