stitch markers

fc1123

Ok I'm not sure if this has been in this forum or not but I was wondering about where to get stitch markers that don't break or what can I use as a stitch marker right now I have a bobby pin to mark my stitch. My crochet teacher the other night gave me one of those plastic stitch markers and it broke on me

I have made and received really nice stitch markers to use. But, if you can't make some yourself, you can use a safety pin, that what I used to use. Works good. I have also used just a piece of yarn in a different color to loop through the stitch I want to mark.

Do you have pierced ears? If so, you can use hoop earrings, or those wire style dangly earrings. I also make stitch markers...I have done them with the lobster claw clips (looks like an earring), used the hoops for wine glass stems & put beads on them, & also done some beading with bent wire to make markers.

• 2 weeks later...

I make my stitch markers using some nice beads or crystals and put them on a lever back earring wire. You can get them at Michaels or Joanns in the jewelery making department. With the lever back they don't come out until I take them out which is nice if you are moving your piece around a lot.

Carol

Archived