Seija blanket question

upc2000

I have a question for anyone who’s made the Seija blanket from the Happy Hooker book.

I’m really confused how the seat belt hole works.

I have run a few searches but no one seems to say anything about it other then the fact that they thought it was a great idea.

I think that it is too, but I’m just confused on how it really works.

Does it help hold the blanket on the baby at all? Do you lock it in?

I don’t have any kids my self but I have tons of friends that are expecting and I would love to make them that blanket, I just don’t want to make them blankets with holes in them. Then have them ask me why and how they work and have me tell them that I have no idea really.

Is it really useful or would you leave it off?

The hole in the blanket is for the seatbelt buckle to go through. That way you can buckle the blanket down as well. The baby can't kick the blanket off on to the floor of the car. Hope my explanation helped a little!:):):)

I think that was just the Info I was looking for.

I wasn't 100% sure because the little girl in the pic looks like she just has on a lap belt and I don't think they really make those anymore, and since it just had 1 hole and not 2 I was confused.

That type of afghan can also be used in a stroller when the baby/child is lying down and buckled in.

I wish they had those type of ghans when my children were little. Would have saved a lot of laundry washing ghans that got kicked off or dropped.

• 1 month later...

The way that blanket works is that you put the child in the seat, layer the blanket over the baby, then buckle the baby in by bringing the belts over the shoulder portion of the blanket and use the hole to connect the buckle.

You can also use the blanket under the baby and thread the bottom of the buckle through the hole, buckle the child in, then wrap the blanket over the baby. It won't get lost that way and makes it easier to get the baby out, but the baby is more likely to kick the blanket off them this way.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived