School Children in Kosovo

Debscrafts55

I'm collecting hats, scarves and mittens for children in Kosovo. More details and pics are on my blog.

Deb

DebsCrafts

No specific deadline as of right now, I'm still pulling this together, but my friend's tour of duty (he's my contact person over there) ends sometime around the end of February so I need to get them mailed to arrive there before he leaves.

Wow! I just got my first donation from a reader on this forum. Ten beautiful hats!! I also decided to start accepting 6" squares that I am joining into scarves if you don't have time for anything else. All details (and a pic of grannytme's donation) are on my blog at the link in my signature.

My friend Dave is home on leave and says all the things we’ve collected so far are great! But we are nowhere near the goal of something for each child so if you can help please PM me!

Dave was telling me how cold it gets there, he said these kids really do walk through several feet of snow to get to school, just like our grandparents claimed to have done. Please help if you can!

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting everyone know that the first load of hats, scarves and mittens are on their way to Kosovo, I will be getting pictures as soon as Dave can send them to me. I'm still collecting more and already have a shipment ready to of items I recieved after Dave left.

Deb

• 3 weeks later...

Archived