okay, silly of me to ask

lovingmommy

Question

okay, this is really retarded of me to ask... but can anyone shed some light on my problem? lol.

ok, i was wondering what a crocheted dishcloth is for...

:eek

is it for actually scrubbing pots and pans? or is it more for just cleanning up messes from counters?

it just seems to me that it's a lot of work for a crocheted dishcloth to withstand by cleaning pots and pans, lol. correct me if i'm wrong, lol.

thanks so much for helping me out in my time of complete confusion, lololol.

:think

I've packed away all my "old" dishcloths and only have crocheted ones out b/c they do such a good job on the dishes! I buy my dishcloth cotton on the cone so I have fewer ends to weave. If all else fails, you can always just use a basic granny pattern for your cloths!

Have fun and experiment. You never know what you'll like...I have some solid cloths and some really lacy ones...I use them for different types of dish cleaning (lace for the easier messes and solid for the harder stuff and wiping counters).

I've got to get some CottonTots so I can start getting my bathroom cloths converted over, but I have a soap saver that I RAOK'd with made from CottonTots and I'm very pleased with it. I think I'm gonna make some for my kids so they each have their own personal bar of soap!

My kids love to use crocheted or knitted cloths in the bath. I made each of them one out of Cotton Tots...they are super soft, and hold just enough soap :) I also have knitted a few for gifts. I'm working on a set of three with the letter P in them for my mom. I use them in the kitchen for regular dishes, works great on cups and plates..or for clean up. If my kids spill something, the cotton cloth picks it up in a snap :)

Donna

I use Bernat Handicrafters Cotton (comes in great colour mixes and there's always dish cloth patterns on the labels) and I LOVE :heartto use these clothes to dust my wood furniture. They work great!! They really hold the polish too after a couple of uses so you don't have to spray the polish on your furniture everytime. They are also great wet for wiping up messes! They are so durable and you just throw them in the wash and they come out like new! You have to try them!

I'm always making them for my friends and family.

They are soft on your hands, but wow do those cotton dishcloths get the dishes clean. :D I agree, make swatches to check out new stitches, then use them to do the dishes. Some cotton yarns do fade in the washer, but they still clean.

Sandra Johnson

I felt exactly the same way...too much work to use for washing dishes, until I actually made and used it. I love it. It's the best dishrag I've every had, very absorbant and soft and no lint. I also realized I could use the cotton yarn to try out new stitches and make the "swatch" large enough to act as a dishcloth if I decided not to keep the swatch.

I make and give tons of dish cloths. I use cotton, and that makes them very sturdy. If you are like me, and don't have a dishwasher, I use them all the time to wash my dishes. You can also make baby washcloths that are so soft. I will never BUY another dish cloth. You can also use them for general cleaning, but I would keep them separate from the ones you use for dishes. Hope that helps.

Archived