Rosebud Bookmark

champygirl

I was surprised at how quick I got this typed up, so here it is. :lol If anybody has any problems with the pattern just give me a pm and I'll try my best to help. I wasn't sure how to explain some parts, so I hope I made some sense. :) Enjoy! :hook

Rosebud Bookmark

post-11825-135897400417_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl November 8, 2008

Another pic: Here

Materials:
Size 7 steel hook (1.65 mm)
Size 10 thread in Red and Green.
Needle (to weave in ends)
Fabric Tac or some kind of glue.

Rosebud:

With Red thread ch7, 3 treble crochet in 4th chain from hook, 1 dc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 sc in next chain. (this will be side one) Ch2, turn so you are working on other side of chain, 1sc in same chain as last sc, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 dc in next chain, 3 treble crochet in next chain, ch4 and sl st in same chain as trebles.(this will be side 2)

Color change by chaining one with green thread, fasten off Red thread.

Green Part:

1) Ch2 more, 4 dc in 3rd chain from hook, turn so you’re working on other side of chain, 4 dc in same chain. Join with sl st to first dc. (8dc)

2) Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, [(sc, ch2, sc) in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 2 times, 1 sc in next st, ch1, sl st in first treble crochet made on side 2 of rosebud (the one right beside the dc), 1 sc in same st as last sc, 1sc in next st, (sc, ch2, sc) in next st, join with a sl st to first sc made. (12sc)

3) Ch1, sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1sc through both thicknesses of next st on green part and first treble crochet made on side 1 of rose bud. Work 1 sc into the backloop backloop (diagram: here) of each of the next 3 sts of Rosebud, ch2 and turn.

4) 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, sl st in next st, ch 50, sl st in 2nd chain form hook and then in each of the next 48 chains, sl st in next st and finish off.

Other Green Part:

1) With Green Thread, ch3, 8 dc in 3rd chain from hook, Join with sl st to first dc. (8dc)

2) Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, [(sc, ch2, sc) in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 3 times, (sc, ch2, sc) in next st, join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)

Finish off and weave in any ends you may have.

Gluing:

Turn Rosebud over to wrong side, this will be the flat side with no green overlap. Glue other green part to the wrong side gluing on top of the color changed made on rosebud, lining up the edges. Let glue dry however long the instructions on the glue tell you to.

Note: You don’t have to do the other green part, but I found when doing it there is less of an ugly side on the bookmark. I wanted both sides to look somewhat the same, even though there is a definite wrong side.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl November 8, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Lovely! We've just moved into a senior community. The ladies will love these if I can get a bunch of them made by Christmas. Thanks for sharing your pattern.

Archived