where do you store your stuff?

This is what I put my yarn in when I am working with it. Dh drilled 4 holes in the top. It locks and keeps the yarn nice and clean.

NewYearsToy.gif

This is some of the places I keep my yarn and thread.

th_8x6Stash004.gif(clickable)th_6x8Stash001.gif

Wow, I think there's a yarn store in your house! I'm so jealous.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My yarn is in a comforter bag in the closet though I put that in the closet last weekend. My patterns are in a fedex envelope they make great organziers and my hooks are in a Mcdonald's ice coffee cup that is 32 oz lol. So that is my organization for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep yarn all over my house, but that won't work for you right now I can tell.

My favorite storage is a large canvas tote bag. Of course, I have four or five of them full of yarn, but I could only use one item to hold everything, that would be it. I love that I can store my hooks in the inner zipper pocket. I also can store my small scissors and tapestry needles there. It is large enough for me to keep my pattern books and a folder with my printed patterns in it also. If I am working on a couple of different projects, I put the yarn, pattern and hook for each project in large ziploc bags and can keep them all together.

Of course, you do realize you will outgrow the tote bag at some time in the future, don't you?:lol

After my boys moved out I Freecycled their bedroom furniture and turned their room into a craft room! They claim this is evidence that I don't love them but I figure fit can sleep on the couch if they visit.

You ought to say the same thing my aunt said when she turned her boys' room into a craft room, and they said she didn't love them: "Hey i DID let you in the house, if that doesn't say love then i don't know what does." lol

Archived