Greydog Hooks?

Pear-Kitten

Anybody ever use Greydog hooks? I found them on eBay and they're beautiful hooks but waaaaaay out of my price range. I was just wondering if anyone has one and if so what they think of them.

Lol, I knew you were a fellow Canadian when I read 'Greydog' with an E!

I have one hook that I bought a couple years back, at least, if I remember correctly, it was a Graydog. It is made of corian, love it.

Some of his hooks are absolutely GORGEOUS, and I know what you mean about being out of your price range!

I have a few different hook crafters in my favourites there.

I also have a favourite (fancykitty) on Etsy that I have purchased from before and keep watching his listings for hooks.

Most sizes I don't use, so I keep watching for the sizes I do use. I was devastated when one of my G+ hooks BROKE, and it was completely my fault. Never, ever try to loosen a stitch with a wood hook. Not the way I did. I stupidly tried to 'pry' it a little. Never again.

I did buy a corian from another seller in the G+ size, but the hook broke off mysteriously and was never found. It could very well be that the mythical hook monster really does exist and it sampled my hook before deciding corian was not to its liking.

Sally

Over the years I've purchased about a dozen Graydogs. Will absolutely not use anything else now. They are wonderfully smooth, warm to the touch, and absolutely beautiful.

Like you I find them expensive although when I started buying them the price was much lower. I think they are worth it as they add to the pleasure of making something.

I saved my money and bought when I could. I have sizes E through N - all in different styles and I love to show them off.

I have several of these, and I too love them, they are soooo pretty and very nice to use. I bought mine years ago when they first started selling on Ebay. I think they are worth the cost...

Yep! Me too! I wanted one so bad but couldn't pay what they were going for. I finally won one that I could afford and loved it SO much that I have bought several more. That's all that I'll use now. It's well worth the investment! They go thru the yarn like a knife goes thru butter!!! :yes

Lol, I knew you were a fellow Canadian when I read 'Greydog' with an E!

:lol I'm actually American but I just moved to Canada in January. For some reason I've always spelled "grey" with an 'e' instead of an 'a' an I guess no one ever corrected me *^_^*

I'm glad to hear the hooks are worth the money. Maybe once I can actually work I'll have the money to get one (or be able to justify spending that much money on one :devil)

Archived