Need Large buttons-cheap

I've been making a lot of baby snuggly sets and I was wondering if you ladies knew of a source to get large buttons (1 to 1 and a half inches) cheap. Each set uses 5 to 6 buttons and I don't want to pay huge prices.

So who's got a source for buttons? Please let me know.

I could use white buttons, or ones that match the snuggly.

Thanks.

:manyheart

I go to my local thrift store and look at the buttons on sweaters. At my store I can pick up a sweater for a dollar or two....it's a lot cheaper than going to a fabric store for buttons.

I go to my local thrift store and look at the buttons on sweaters. At my store I can pick up a sweater for a dollar or two....it's a lot cheaper than going to a fabric store for buttons.

I like that idea. I'll have to see what I can find. I just won't spend a dollar or more each for buttons, esspecially the big ones.

Please don't think me ignorant but, what are baby snuggly sets/ snuggies?

And I have noticed that Wal-Mart carries very large buttons now.

It was in Crochet Today (Nov/Dec 2007). It is actually called "Snuggly Bunting" and it's like a one piece sweater that goes down past the feet and turns into a bag (rounded bottom) to keep them warm. Good for newborns to keep them warm in the cooler weather. It's a pretty easy pattern and I have made 4 so far. The front is where the opening is to put the baby in and then it is buttoned up the front using large buttons.

I hope this helps.

It was in Crochet Today (Nov/Dec 2007). It is actually called "Snuggly Bunting" and it's like a one piece sweater that goes down past the feet and turns into a bag (rounded bottom) to keep them warm. Good for newborns to keep them warm in the cooler weather. It's a pretty easy pattern and I have made 4 so far. The front is where the opening is to put the baby in and then it is buttoned up the front using large buttons.

I hope this helps.:manyheart

Thank you for the explanation Linda.

We used to call them just plain ol' buntings. Snuggly sure makes it sound cuter. I have made at least 7 of them from 1940's and 1960's patterns. Wish I had those patterns now.

Thank you for the explanation Linda.

We used to call them just plain ol' buntings. Snuggly sure makes it sound cuter. I have made at least 7 of them from 1940's and 1960's patterns. Wish I had those patterns now.

:rofl:rofl:rofl How funny! You're absolutely right tho ~ snuggly does sound cuter!

I did find some cute, large buttons for the snugglies at Wal-mart for a cheap price. I just don't like paying more money for buttons than the yarn to make the snugglies.

Archived