Help Request For Donating Chemo Caps, Scarves and Afghans to Cancer Patients

Jempast

I talked to the nurses at the infusion center at my husband's oncologist's office yesterday. The doctor's office is filled with friendly caring staff who helped his time having chemo treatments easier. The nurses at the infusion center loved the idea of me bringing in caps, scarves and afghans/lapghans for the chemo patients.

Some patients who are at the infusion center are there around 4-6 hours 3-4 times a week. Patients who get chemo therapy often take naps during the time they receive chemo and cover up with blankets provided by the doctor's office. I though they would feel loved & special if they had their own crocheted blanket/cap/scarf.

I just feel sorry for the people going through chemo since it was painful watching my husband go through it. I just want to be able to do something to help these people & to show that there are people out there who care about them & what they are going through.

If you would be interested in helping me make the caps/scarves/afghan/lapghans for these people please either PM or email me. Just so you know the yarn needs to be soft yarn the softer the better.

If you just want to send me an 8" square that would be great too. I could then whip stitch them into an afghan.

I would appreciate any help I could get and so would these cancer patients. Any color would be fine. Seeing how the patients are men and women.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for considering helping. :hug:manyheart

I watched both of my parents and a dear friend go through this and would love to help as well. Please let me see what I can do and I will PM you when I figure that out. I know, as someone who only was an observer, how cold they can get in those chemo sessions. You've touched me with this project.

Joyce

I watched both of my parents and a dear friend go through this and would love to help as well. Please let me see what I can do and I will PM you when I figure that out. I know, as someone who only was an observer, how cold they can get in those chemo sessions. You've touched me with this project.

Joyce

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Archived