Any interest in a CAL w/ the Chanson en Crochet?

froggie

Look here for the pattern--it's a PDF file.

I'm on row 17, and I'm just loving it--love working on it, love the way it looks, and I know I'll love wearing it.

And, I'm going to make at least one more as a Christmas present for DS' girlfriend, using Red Heart Soft in Leaf.

Anybody want to do this?

Froggie (aka Jana in Denton, TX)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Jana (Froggie) Red Heart Soft in Leaf

2) Melinda (lilrnbwshorty) ?

3) Doris (crpstx) Vanna's Choice in ?

Yea, Melinda!! I'm glad to have some company with this.

You will really like this project!! It's got so much variety, because every row is different. And, of course, it's just a beautiful capelet.

I'm close to finishing one, in Bernat Berilla '4', because I wanted to see how it would turn out. I'll probably use almost 2 3.5 oz/100 gm skeins, with a 'J' hook.

Oh--are you an RN, by any chance? I am...

Jana (aka Froggie)

Hi this is a beautiful capelet. Thanks so much for the pattern. I would love to start it right away but am making a rag rug, two afghans started and a shawl so I think I better wait on it. I am 6 feet tall. Do you think this capelet will fit my size of shoulders? So you are an RN Froggy. I am a SCA (Special Care Aide) and work in the Nursing Wing at the hospital here in town.

You will really like this project!! It's got so much variety, because every row is different. And, of course, it's just a beautiful capelet.

I'm close to finishing one, in Bernat Berilla '4', because I wanted to see how it would turn out. I'll probably use almost 2 3.5 oz/100 gm skeins, with a 'J' hook.

Jana (aka Froggie)

thanks for the warm welcome...

do you think this would look nice in a regular worsted weight yarn? :think see i have and a promise to my dear wife that i will not purchase any more yarn until all of what i have is gone :P and well all i seem to have is worsted weight acrylic...which i love...im just not sure it will work up nicely in this pattern...

no im not an RN right now i am a stay at home mom eagerly seeking employment (have to make money to support my yarn addiction!) :lol

i cant wait to start this...i wont be starting this until monday but i am so very excited! :yay

Hi this is a beautiful capelet. Thanks so much for the pattern. I would love to start it right away but am making a rag rug, two afghans started and a shawl so I think I better wait on it. I am 6 feet tall. Do you think this capelet will fit my size of shoulders? So you are an RN Froggy. I am a SCA (Special Care Aide) and work in the Nursing Wing at the hospital here in town.

well here is what i figure you can do ;)... the pattern gives the measurements of the finished piece:

[54½" (138.5 cm) circumference at lower edge, 26" (66 cm) circumference

at neck, and 12" (30.5 cm) long, including edging picots.]

so all you should need to do is grab a tape measure and see if the measurements match up :yes...if not... i can try to help you alter the pattern to make it the right size! :yay i hope i helped!

thanks for the warm welcome...

do you think this would look nice in a regular worsted weight yarn? :think see i have and a promise to my dear wife that i will not purchase any more yarn until all of what i have is gone :P and well all i seem to have is worsted weight acrylic...which i love...im just not sure it will work up nicely in this pattern...

no im not an RN right now i am a stay at home mom eagerly seeking employment (have to make money to support my yarn addiction!) :lol

i cant wait to start this...i wont be starting this until monday but i am so very excited! :yay

The one I'm making right now is in an acrylic worsted weight yarn--Bernat Berilla 4. I wondered how it would do--whether it would be too stiff, etc, and right now I'm just going with it. When I'm done, I will wash it and block it and see what happens--I actually think it will be fine, but we'll see. The next one(s) I do will be in Simply Soft or Red Heart Soft or Bernat Satin--something a little more drapey and soft. I definitely can't afford any expensive yarn!!!

What yarn do you have in your stash that you really really love--color, drape, etc.? I still think I will use only 2 skeins of the Bernat (3.5 oz/195 yards per skein) using the J hook, if that helps you figure out how much yarn you might need. Doesn't the pattern say something like 412 yards or so?

I thought you might be an RN because of your 'Ville name (lilRNbwshorty)!!

Worked last night, must go to bed because I have to go back to work tonight (to support MY yarn habit!).

Jana

lil RNBW (rainbow) shorty...lol

anyway yeah i was given alot of yarn by someone and its alot of scraps but also alot of full skiens. i was going to do this in a worsted weight burnt orange color (the yarn doesnt have a label) for fall...but im not sure :think because like you said im afraid of it being to stiff... i have alot of a much thinner yarn in a navy blue color that might just win this project... :yarn but i must go through all i have again and see! lol i cant wait to see the first one when you have it finished!

I'm in!! Although I must warn you, I've tried and failed miserably to make any type of wearable, and may need lots of help. Do you think Vanna Whites yarn may work alright? I have a ton of it.

I'm in!! Although I must warn you, I've tried and failed miserably to make any type of wearable, and may need lots of help. Do you think Vanna Whites yarn may work alright? I have a ton of it.

all that matters is that your up for the challenge of trying again! and as you know we are here to help! good luck! cant wait to see your work!

Jana (aka Froggie)

OH, how did the one in Berella turn out?? I am interested in making it as well (have the perfect dress for it) but I promised myself that I will not buy anymore yarn until half of what I have has been used up. :eek

OH, how did the one in Berella turn out?? I am interested in making it as well (have the perfect dress for it) but I promised myself that I will not buy anymore yarn until half of what I have has been used up. :eek

Stacy--I'm edging the one in Berilla. It's not bad, but I'm assuming it will be softer after it's washed and blocked.

Doris--Welcome! I think the Vanna yarn will work. I'm guessing 2 to 3 skeins will make this capelet.

That's why we're here--to help each other through the project. It's a fun one with lots of variety, because every row is different. Just take it a row at a time, and holler when you need us!!

So, what Vanna color are you going to use?

Jana (aka Froggie)

Brenda--Come join us later on!! Like lilrnbwshort said, just take the measurements of the capelet and see how it falls on you. I kinda think it will fit just fine, but if you wanted it a little longer we could probably figure out how to add some length to it.

Jana (aka Froggie)

Well, I don't know if we're really doing a CAL or not with this. But, just in case someone is checking out this thread (and this pattern):

I just finished my first capelet, done in Bernat Berella "4". I used a little less than 2 skeins. I've just washed it, and pulled it into shape, and it's drying on a towel right now. I'll post a picture a little later, once it's dry. I don't think that the Berella will be too stiff--I used fabric softener in the wash--but again, we'll see once it's dry.

I enjoyed making this capelet, and I am definitely making at least one more once I have the yarn for it. It's a beautiful piece, the stitch pattern has a lot of variety (so you don't get sick of working on it)--and given the amount of yarn used, splurging on some really nice yarn for this would not break the bank.

Pictures later!!

Archived