Beth Ann Weber Pattern-two more in the works

Shellie

Since I have the bodies all done, minus one head, I thought I would post the doll without clothes on so you can see how cute this pattern really is! I love the little knobby knees and belly button just as much as the little fingers and toesies. These two are going to be fairies in case you are curious, I'll post them when they are all done. Thanks again for such a cute pattern, Beth!

post-15976-0-34010700-1395972184_thumb.jpg

post-15976-0-29526600-1395972186_thumb.jpg

Shellie,

Your bodies look perfect! Maybe you could leave the one headless for Halloween :-)

I'm so glad you like the pattern...I really wanted the doll to look as good without clothing as with.

Beth Ann Webber

This leaflet is a Leisure Arts leaflet that is out of print. You might try doing a search on Amazon on my name, Beth Ann Webber, and it may bring up some used copies for sale.

Also, the same doll is in a couple of other leaflets by Leisure Arts (also out of print). They are: 'Kitchen Angels to Crochet in Thread and Yarn' and 'Guardian Angels for Baby'.

I hope you can find a copy. Happy stitching! Beth

I was just able to get this pattern and I love it. The dolls are so cute with their fingers and toes and it is so easy to do. I'm working on my second one right now and have the doll completed just have to make her clothes and hair. I love this pattern. Cathy:):crocheting

I finished the head on the purple one last night. I hope Beth doesn't mind if I give a bit of advice that applies to these dolls as well as anything stuffed that you sew together. I always make the body, stuff it, sew and stuff the limbs, then sew them on the body BEFORE a separate head. You can secure them and hide the strings inside that way. Not only do you make it more durable, it looks more finished.

If a head and body are together, you can still do this. Make the head and body until you have it long enough to sew on the limbs. Stuff it (trust me, its harder to stuff with strings going across it), then sew on the arms and legs. You don't have to follow a pattern in order. I often make all my limbs of this doll THEN start the body.

Again, I hope Beth doesn't mind that I added this. :) Also, I did make one of these with head and body together once. I just reversed the body directions so they were at the right spot to continue right from the head. I don't advise it, the neck is floppier that way.

I have to agree...the details are amazing. I, too, like the headless one!!! I can see her (it) with a dress like the corpse bride..., and perhaps holding her own head in her hand. LOL Cute...note to Beth Ann Webber....wonderful design. Nice to have you here as a fellow poster...brings us all closer to greatness. :)

Hi Shellie,

I think your idea is a very good one; one picks up a lot of good techniques as time goes by and its never too late to incorporate them into the work.

You all can't imagine how delighted I am to find these patterns being used. Dollmaking and crocheting are my two favorite passions, and these dolls have always been very special to me.

Beth Ann Webber

I finished the head on the purple one last night. I hope Beth doesn't mind if I give a bit of advice that applies to these dolls as well as anything stuffed that you sew together. I always make the body, stuff it, sew and stuff the limbs, then sew them on the body BEFORE a separate head. You can secure them and hide the strings inside that way. Not only do you make it more durable, it looks more finished.

If a head and body are together, you can still do this. Make the head and body until you have it long enough to sew on the limbs. Stuff it (trust me, its harder to stuff with strings going across it), then sew on the arms and legs. You don't have to follow a pattern in order. I often make all my limbs of this doll THEN start the body.

Again, I hope Beth doesn't mind that I added this. :) Also, I did make one of these with head and body together once. I just reversed the body directions so they were at the right spot to continue right from the head. I don't advise it, the neck is floppier that way.

Good tips and I do try and hide the strings inside when I can. I've also been using a 3.75mm hook to make the dolls and a 4mm to make their clothes. They are about 15-17" tall when done but I do like them abit bigger. Since I have osteoarthritis in my hands using smaller hooks causes me pain. I'm thinking of using an even larger hook to make them even bigger eventually. Cathy:)

These dolls are so cute! Is there some way to start a campaign to get Leisure Arts to reprint the books?;)
I agree. You'd think they would reissue these patterns since there is interest in them. There aren't many doll patterns at all. I love to make dolls and just my luck I had a son. Oh well I make them for myself and now that he's planning to get married maybe I'll have a granddaugher one day. Cathy:)

Archived