Susan Bates Hooks

Jempast

Here's an idea to see if you like the style of the Bates hooks. Go to whatever store you go to for your hooks, get one of the Bates plastic hooks in a size you use often, try it out, and if you don't like it, don't bother.

I only use SB hooks for yarn, though I haven't tried anything other than that metal what ever it is called they have. I haven't tried the plastic ones since I was a kid and eeewwww yuck. I can't use Bates for yarn, however for thread so far so good I can use either or for the steels.

I use only Susan Bates hook I love the ones that came out recently with bamboo handles I have two sets they are wonderful I am able to crochet longer because of the comfortable handle. I find my work goes faster and no splitting. I also love bamboo hooks to crochet they don't get sticky or uncomfortable to use for long periods of time they don't cause snagging either. Extra large hooks by Susan Bates I love that plastic hook it is the same they use for knitting needles and they work beautifully no snagging and your work goes faster.

Archived