My Size Fashion Doll pattern Pic at bottom,just added

diane gladys

38"My Size Fashion Doll

An Original design by Diane Gladys

worsted weight yarn,5.00mm hook , contrasting 1/2"-3/4" ribbon (optional)

Skirt:

Row 1: ch 31,sc in 2nd ch from hk and across, turn (30)

Row 2 & 3: ch 1 sc across,turn

Row 4: ch 4,tr in same,2 tr in ea st around ,join

Rnd 5:ch 4 *5 tr,2 tr in nx* repeat around,join

Rnd 6,8,10,12,14: ch 4 tr in ea st around,join

Rnd 7,9,11,13,15: ch 4 ,tr in same,* 5 tr , 2 tr in nx st* repeat

around,join

Note: to shorten or lenghten skirt omit or repeat rows 6&7 to desired length

Rnd 16: ch 1 *sc,2 dc in nx,3 tr in nx,2 dc in nx*repeat around,join

Rnd 17: ch1*sc,dc in dc,2dc in nx,1 trinnx,3 tr in nx, 1 tr in nx,2 dc in nx,1 dc in nx*repeat around,join fasten off

Row 18:join contrasting colour,ch 1sc in nx (*ch 2,sc in nx* repeat to last dc in shell,sc ,sk,sc,sc in nx)repeat around,fasten off

Bodice:

Row 1:join yarn in unworked lps of beginning ch,sc across,turn

Row 2:ch 3,dc *2 dc in nx,dc in nx*repeat across,turn

Row 3-8: ch 3,dc across,turn

Row 9: ch 3,dc 12, 1 tr, 2 tr in nx,2 tr in nx,1 tr,9 dc ,1 tr in nx,2 tr in nx,2 tr in nx,1 tr in nx,12 dc ,turn

Row 10: ch3,4 dc,sc 1,ch 15,sk 4,1 sc,(2 dc tog)3 times,7 dc,(2 dc tog ) 3 times,1 sc,ch 15,sk 4,dc6,turn

Row 11: ch 3,dc 20,2 dc tog,dc 11,2 dc tog,dc to end,turn

Row 12: ch 3,BLO,dc across,turn

Row 13: ch 3,1 dc,*2 dc tog,2 dc,*repeat across ending with a dc,fasten off

Frill:

Row 1: join yarn in front lps of row 11,having front side of bodice facing you* sc,2 dc in nx,3 tr in nx,2 dc in nx* repeat across,turn

Row 2: ch 1 ,*sc,dc in dc,2 dc in nx,1 tr in nx,3 tr in nx,1 tr in nx,2 dc in nx,1 dc in nx*repeat across,fasten off

Row 3: join contrasting colour,ch 1,sc in nx(*ch 2,sc in nx* repeat to last dc in shell,sc,sk,sc in nx dc)repeat around,fasten off

Sleeeves:

Rnd1: join yarn at under arm at centre st,sc 4,1 hdc,15 dc in lps,hdc,2sc,join(23)( if you need to put 2 sc in one st do so to get the right # of sts)

Rnd 2: ch 1 ,3 sc,sc sc & hdc tog,dc 15,sc hdc & sc tog,sc 2 ,join (21)

Rnd 3: ch 1 ,2 sc,sc 1 sc & 1 dc tog,13 dc,sc 1 dc & 1 sc tog,sc ,join (19)

Rnd 4-8:,dc around,join(19)

Rnd 9:ch 1*sc 1,2 dc in nx, 3 tr in nx,2 dc in nx,* repeat around ,join

Rnd 10: ch 1,dc in first dc,,2 dc in nx, 1 tr in nx ,3 tr in centre tr,tr in nx ,2dc in nx,1 dc in nx*repeat around,join ,fasten off

Rnd 3: join contrasting colour,ch 1 sc in nx(*ch 2,sc in nx*repeat to last dc in shell,scsk sc,sc in nx dc)repeat around,join, fasten off

Ch a ch125 to lace down the back closing or take a ribbon 1/2 -3/4 in. wide to match the contrasting colour and lace it down the back. for lacing I found that you start at the neck 2 sts in each side and lace to waist( it will be tight at the waist, it's suposed to be)then wrap it around to the front and tie in a bow,you will need about a yard and 1/2 or 2 yards,I do it this way so there are no bottons or snaps to come off with little children

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/diane_gladys/MySizeFashionDoll001.jpg

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/diane_gladys/MySizeFashionDoll002.jpg

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/diane_gladys/MySizeFashionDoll003.jpg

Hope you like it ,if you find any mistakes don't hesitate to let me know as I had to do some parts over a few times. I wanted to make some Mary Jane shoes but my first try didn't work up right so they will come latter. Don't mind the mess of her hair I just got her and she need a new hairdo. She is going to my granddaughter Hannah for Christmas

post-6684-135897404499_thumb.jpg

:cheer Really pretty. I appreciate the work that went into designing this and writing up the pattern. I have family coming for the weekend so I can't posssibly start on it before Monday, but you can bet my hook will be flying then :hook. :hugThank you, thank you, thank you....:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
:cheer Really pretty. I appreciate the work that went into designing this and writing up the pattern. I have family coming for the weekend so I can't posssibly start on it before Monday, but you can bet my hook will be flying then :hook. :hugThank you, thank you, thank you....:manyheart

When you get it done I would really like to see it:yes

:blush I got sidetracked...DS and DIL bought their 1st house...I needed to finish a afghan for DIL (I started it last year :lol). It wasn't my favorite thing to work on so it kept getting put off.

I will post when the dress is finished, hope I have enough yarn to do the shoes too.

:hug Thanks again for the pattern.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived