Lily Chin New Yarn Lines

xantha

You can read about them here.

A quote from the press release:

The six yarns in the premiere collection are named after Chin’s favorite neighborhoods in her native Manhattan: Tribeca, a mohair blend; Chelsea, a unique blend of merino wool, cotton, and acrylic; Nolita, a fun dusting of eyelash; Central Park, a wool blend boucle with a touch of stretch (Lycra); Gramercy, a super wash merino wool with a special twist; Greenwich Village, a mohair yarn with a twist of a lustrous stand of rayon.

Oh man, I'm drooling already! :drool:drool:drool Did you check them out? :manyheart You can see them, with the colors they're all available in here. You can also see them worked up into some Lily-quality patterns there too! :cheer

I'm hoping to attend the Stitches Midwest Expo this August (just requested a brochure from here, it's being held in Rosemont IL, which is only about 10 minutes from where I work - since this line is supposed to be released in August, I bet I'll have a chance to pet some there, maybe even get my greedy little hands on it and bring it home! :hook:yay

great yarns. And she has good, up to date patterns so perhaps she can turn around the "dowdy crochet" idea everyone (except us) has in their heads!!

Goldi- I went to Stitches East last year and loved it. Took 4 classes, shopped in the market, chatted. And wait until you see everyone's handmade items. Altho in August they may not have alot with them. In October in NJ EVERYONE was wearing and carrying knitted items.

Thanks Kim - I can hardly wait! I'm thinking of talking my DD and her girlfriend into going with me, too. The possibility of seeing Lily's new line is just the cherry topping for me! :D I suspect I'll be yarn-drunk by the time I leave, lol!

I'm leaning toward the Chelsea and the Tribeca, though they all look scrumptious to me, lol! :manyheart

I just checked her tour schedule, and Stitches Midwest is listed, yay! The only problem I see is my Knitter's mag lists the dates as being Aug 11-14 and her schedule has it Aug 18-21. :eek I'd hate for her to show up a week late! I'm sure it'll get straightened out soon enough. I've been wanting to get her book Knitting and Crocheting with Beads, maybe I can get an autograph. :hook

Archived