Anyone ever made the Babette Blanket

Has anyone on C'ville ever made the Babette Blanket? I found it on Ravelry today and just had to have it.

Wanted to get some input about colors etc. How long it takes. It looks huge.

I think it is produced by Interweave magazine.

Donna

Groove-Along - link is the cal used for this (and other groovy items). I started the blanket and have lots of squares done. But it's become a UFO... So check out the CAL and see what others have done and ideas and tips.

Also check out Flickr with tons of photos of these blankets. It will give you color ideas and ideas on squares and putting it together.

If you don't have the pattern, there are 2 options. Someone made an addition to her blanket and posted the addition on her blog which can give you an idea and start or you can design your own (has been done). It is also available for purchase at Interweave (just the afghan not the enter magazine).

Good luck.

Debbi

I started it twice, but couldn't get past Section 3. Not because I didn't want to. But because I could never get Section 3 to line up evenly against Sections 1 and 2. Clearly, something is off with my gauge or my method of trying to connect the squares.

I gave up, for now, and moved on to other patterns.

It IS a yarn hog, at least 20 skeins, and a fairly substantial project. The Babette Granny Square itself is a wonderful design. It's easy to memorize and produces a nice balanced square. I've used the square in other projects (like the Haekelbutal Bag) as a substitute for the type of square the pattern called for. I just liked how the Babette square looked.

The pattern is fairly easy to obtain online and pretty self-explanatory. Good Luck!

Archived