Potentially Stupid Question

Okay.....here is what could be a really dumb question. :blush

When a pattern calls for 12 inch granny squares - does that mean that each side of the square is 12 inches in length or that it's 12 inches diagonal? I just want to make sure before I get started!!

Not a dumb question at all, we all have to learn the language of crochet as a second language, and since some things (tv screens, monitors, etc) are measured on the diagonal, it's smart not to assume. Because when we assume, we.... (thinking of algebra professor here)

One of my college professor's told me this....NO question is stupid if you don't know the answer. Stupidity is when you pretend to know but are afraid to ask. So, whenever I have a question, I always think of him telling me that and I don't worry about it. And he also said that inquisitive minds and lots of questions make for intelligence.;)

One of my college professor's told me this....NO question is stupid if you don't know the answer. Stupidity is when you pretend to know but are afraid to ask. So, whenever I have a question, I always think of him telling me that and I don't worry about it. And he also said that inquisitive minds and lots of questions make for intelligence.;)

That is the best explanation I've ever heard. :cheer:clap My motto has always been "it never hurts to asks."

There are no stupid questions. Questions are the seeds of knowledge. Knowledge is powerful, use it wisely. Ask questions and you will grow wise (fortune cookie). Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever (not sure where this came from). Geniuses think they know everything, but there is always something new to learn. Never stop learning.

Ellie 13

There are no stupid questions. Questions are the seeds of knowledge. Knowledge is powerful, use it wisely. Ask questions and you will grow wise (fortune cookie). Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever (not sure where this came from). Geniuses think they know everything, but there is always something new to learn. Never stop learning.

Ellie 13

I got a fortune cookie last night and thought I'd add it. Ignorance never settled a question.

Ellie 13

Archived