I'm New to your group

Kim M.

Hello Everyone!

I have just joined the crochetville website today. I am a beginner crocheter who is thrilled to finally find a place to talk and ask questions. It is so great to read all of your threads.

Kim M.

Welcome Kim! I think you'll find us a friendly bunch and always someone around to answer questions or help find that elusive pattern you saw somewhere. Are you joining any Crochet Alongs? Currently I'm (still) doing the 63 Squares Afghan CAL. It is a great way to improve your skills and learn new stitches.

Happy Crocheting,

Alli

I would like to join the 63 squares group. I have bought the pattern, but I am still finishing a previous project. Hopefully I will be able to join in soon. If I don't finish this other blanket first I will probably never finish. I thought the 63 squares blanket seemed interesting and for a beginner like me educational.

Kim M.

Hi Kim.

I'm in quite a few CALs and one more is always welcome.

I really need to get going on my 63 squares, I've only got one done :oops

:frog

How do you keep all your projects going without getting behind. I am in the middle of an afghan now and would love to join a CAL, but I am afraid I will never get both projects done in a reasonable amount of time.

It takes awhile but I'm the kind of person who can't do just one thing at a time.

I work on one thing for awhile then put it down and pick something else up. As long as I don't have any deadlines I'm ok with that routine.

Hi Kim!

Welcome!

I'm in several CAL's too. I joined the ones where I already had projects I was working on started. I get bored working on the same project so I always have something different in hand each time I pick up my hook unless it's something I have to finish right away. Most of the stuff I'm working on is for Christmas gifts so I figure I have plenty of time to organize my projects this way.

The first book I bought was the 63 Squares too. I figured that would be a good way to 'get back in the saddle' since I hadn't crocheted since I was a kid. Boy, was I wrong. I had nothing but frustration with that project! I put it down and worked on some other basic stuff and just now picked up the 63 squares again a couple of months ago. I am finding that it is much easier for me now. The gauge was really giving me most of my trouble. I also found that working on the squares in random order worked better for me than going in numerical order. I was much more motivated when I was doing the stitches I wanted to do.

Good luck with your afghan and your 63 squares.

I have trouble with gauge too. The first afghan I made was all done in triple crochet and it was in three large sections. My gauge was fine. The project I am currently working on is made of 5" squares and I am finding that my squares vary by about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. It is driving me crazy. I have just bought a beautiful pattern for a rainbow afghan from Herschners. I can't wait to finish my current project and get started on it.

Can't hurt to try.

I'm going to get started and try to finish the pineapple pillowghan I started for the pillowghan CAL, I just figured out what I want to do with it and have just over a month to get it done.

Hi Kim welcome, this is a great place!!

I have to have several projects going. I get bored easily. If only working on one project I am likely to toss it in a box when bored. Then I would never get back to it. This way I can just switch back and forth. Especially when doing something big like afghan. I need little instant gratification projects with it lol.

I have about a billion projects going at one time :)...some get done quickly.. I ahve an afghan I have been working on for the last 4 years( it was a friendship afghan and I ran out of friends LOL).. seriously the group I was in stopped and I only have maybe a dozen small squares...

Anyhow...some times if I feel I am really letting a project go I will say " Tuesday I will do nothing but work on this project in my free time"... I'm just such a pattern junkie.. I can't help myself...

I am enjoying the project I am on now, but sometimes I feel like there is no end in sight. I have to make 80 squares and I am only on 31! I have already picked out my next project and I cannont wait to get going on it. I am going to make a ripple afghan in rainbow colors.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived