Scarf with holes on the sides....how to prevent this....

tazluvr

Question

Okay, I usually do a scarf pattern where I just DC across, then I chain 3 at the end of every row, turn my work and then DC in the SECOND DC from the hook...this leaves spaces throughout my work along the edges of the scarf. Which is fine for some scarves, but now I am wondering how else you can turn your work and start a new row without creating a hole? (cause I am thinking I tried to chain 3 and then DC in every DC across and my scarf ended up getting wider and wider.....)

I hope that makes sense!!!

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Okay ... I think that's how you're supposed to do it ... you're talking about the second set of loops away from the ch 3, right? I didn't think it left that big of a hole ...

Your last dc should be in the third chain of the previous row, if you're counting, that's where it should be, anyway.

I dont know if it depends on the yarn type or not, because I did a dc scarf in red heart light and lofty and I totally noticed the gap. So, what I did is the same as mentioned above, ch 2 to turn and dc into the first dc across to last dc, dc in last dc ignoring the ch 2 entirely. What I notice is that it does give it a bit of a ridge along the edges, but it really does look nice that way.

Archived