I'm off to AC Moore.....

Our AC Moore has a shopping cart out front, full of yarn, and there's a cute lil' sign on it that sez "Buy One, Get TWO Free!" Soooo... I'm the proud owner of several skeins of a lovely chocolate brown yarn; don't remember what kind, since it's at home and I'm at work, but I was VERY happy with my lil' bargain!

Heather - I can always swing by the AC moore here and ship it over to you if you can't find things you need.

Where there is a will there is a way. Unless of course my AC moore is closing too - we don't even have a Micheals or a Walmart that carries any yarn anymore - the 2 closest to me cut out those departments all together.

Our AC Moore has a shopping cart out front, full of yarn, and there's a cute lil' sign on it that sez "Buy One, Get TWO Free!" Soooo... I'm the proud owner of several skeins of a lovely chocolate brown yarn; don't remember what kind, since it's at home and I'm at work, but I was VERY happy with my lil' bargain!

Do you think that's a company sale...? Must check my local AC Moore....

Where is there an AC Moore in NY? Queens has one?

Right! my yarn stashing neighbor!

If you're at all familiar with the big Stop & Shop that opened up a few years ago on Union Tpke? There are several other stores there - one of which is an AC Moore - I really like it (if you're not and you need directions, PM me)

and Carla J, I like to refer to it more as rather expensive "faux" fabric - they're little pre cut and packaged Coordinating fabric prints - thought maybe i'd get lucky and find something for my hackie bookie bag..wound up buying some pre-cut home decor fabric that was on clearance cause they weren't selling very well I guess..

oh and are you ready for this?????

:clapNO YARN!!!:clap

can you believe it?!?!?!?!

(although I DID browse for like twenty minutes at least:yes)

Right! my yarn stashing neighbor!

If you're at all familiar with the big Stop & Shop that opened up a few years ago on Union Tpke? There are several other stores there - one of which is an AC Moore - I really like it (if you're not and you need directions, PM me)

and Carla J, I like to refer to it more as rather expensive "faux" fabric - they're little pre cut and packaged Coordinating fabric prints - thought maybe i'd get lucky and find something for my hackie bookie bag..wound up buying some pre-cut home decor fabric that was on clearance cause they weren't selling very well I guess..

oh and are you ready for this?????

:clapNO YARN!!!:clap

can you believe it?!?!?!?!

(although I DID browse for like twenty minutes at least:yes)

No Yarn?!? Whoa, you've got some major willpower!

I didn't know there was one on Union Turnpike. I'm going to have to get my butt over there sooner or later. Brooklyn really needs to catch up with the craft stores! The only AC Moore's I've been to have been in Jersey and PA.

Thanks for the offer to ship to me Dawn.....I do have another store near here, the one that is closing is about 30 miles from home, the other is in the Syracuse area, about an hours drive. I can get there 4-5 times a year.

I beleive that this is the only store in New York to close. The clerk told me that just this store and 2 in Florida are closing. I still have a Michaels nearby....I just don't like them as much. Maybe a Hobby Lobby will open?!?!?!?

All we have in my immediate area (within 30 minutes of my house) is an AC Moore and a Joannes (but the joannes has really reduced their instore stock). Of course 1 is in one town and the other in another town.

We have a few LYS as well (but many are only open while I'm at work):(

At the fair last night - I did sneak over to the fiber arts biulding and got the contact info for the local Alpaca farm - I'm saving my pennies (I'll need alot of them) to buy yarn for a sweater :clap

I would love it if a Micheal or Hobby Lobby went in. There is much construction in one of the shopping areas here - so maybe...

No Yarn?!? Whoa, you've got some major willpower!

I didn't know there was one on Union Turnpike. I'm going to have to get my butt over there sooner or later. Brooklyn really needs to catch up with the craft stores! The only AC Moore's I've been to have been in Jersey and PA.

I LOVE this AC Moore - prior to this one opening, the only one i'd been to was in Delaware when I visited my mom. They just opened a Michael's on Metropolitan avenue by the Sports Authority and Home Depot - been there a few times I HATE it! - although the do have a really nice bead section - Their yarn section STINKS!

And...AC Moore just redid their yarn section and made it BIGGER! haha - just what I neded, More yarn to touch!

btw, it's right off Woodhaven blvd where the old Coca-Cola wharehouse used to be...

Archived