So Sad!!!!

I went to my local AC Moore's yesterday...and what do you suppose met me when I pulled into the parking lot? Tons of signs saying store clearance....everything 10%-30% off! I went in just hoping that it really just meant a clearance sale....nope! The store is closing for good! I am really disappointed...I love AC Moore. The sales clerk said that this store and a couple in Florida were closing due to under performance!

My store choices for "basic" yarn are now just Walmart and Michaels....I dislike both of them.....I still have my LYS for better yarn, but I will miss this store terribly!

I guess I'll just have to shop online!

You poor thing!!! You hear so many stories of yarn store closings and dwindling yarn departments. It seems that online shopping has to be the way to go... except then you can't pet the yarn :(.

Every retail store is hurting right now because of the overall economy. Surprising how much rising gas prices affect everything else. There was a notice that the walking distance to school has increased to save on school busses. And in another kind of flip-flop, fewer high school kids are driving to school and have begun taking the bus again because of gas prices. So the savings that were anticipated due to increasing the walking distance are gone.

That really stinks, my mom stops at an AC Moore in MD and she says they are much better than Michaels. I've been there once, and have to agree. Too bad it's such short notice, you could have started a petition to keep it open.

Every retail store is hurting right now because of the overall economy. Surprising how much rising gas prices affect everything else. There was a notice that the walking distance to school has increased to save on school busses. And in another kind of flip-flop, fewer high school kids are driving to school and have begun taking the bus again because of gas prices. So the savings that were anticipated due to increasing the walking distance are gone.

Last year, my daughter drove to school, once she got a car. She wouldn't even consider the bus, esspecially since she has to be outside at the corner at 6:02 am but this year, the bus doesn't sound too bad. Gas is changing a lot of things for everyone.

And now I only make trips if I have more than one stop. Before, I would just drive out for one little thing, so It has changed me.

Oh, I degressed. Sorry about the closing of the store. When you really like a place and it closes, it can be rough.

When our Michael's and JoAnn's closed, it was really bad for a while. Hobby Lobby is great, but they are closed on Sundays, and sometimes, you just need a craft fix on Sunday. And for me, I very seldom drive out to the new locations. It's just not worth the time, and energy. If HL doesn't have it, I don't need it.

Here's a :hug about the store closure. But, You can stock up on the sales. When our Michael's closed, they didn't do a going out of business sale, they just closed and transfered the stuff. we had no warning at all. It was devestating.

:manyheart

Archived