My first Lace (Branching Out)

goodie2shoes

My first try at lace knitting from Knitty. com the pattern called Branching Out. Really was a good learning tool I learned more stitches and I boo booed one of the first repeats but from then on it wasn't bad.

I do need more experience in blocking however :eekWell here it is

Only my third knitted item other than practice potholders:lol2695088011_11bccda814.jpg?v=0

Close up2695087879_30c6a02528.jpg?v=0

Gee now I don't know what to do with myself it took me a week of intensly paying attention!!!!

hmmm lets see it is the silky wool that was called for in the pattern Elizabeth something hmmm nope elsebeth lavold Silky wool color is 25 It is very light and sooooooo soft. I am adventuring into yarns uh oh that could be dangerous!!!

Great job! I, too, knit this shortly after picking up knitting (I think it was my second or third knit FO) and I used the same yarn too in a red colour. It's a good way to get started in lace, IMO. :)

Nice work, very lovely. I am currently knitting a blanket in a lace pattern. Knitting lace is definitely more difficult than crocheting lace but it is fun once you get the hang of it.

That was an ambitious pattern stitch for a beginning knitter - keep up the good work!

Archived