Winter Rose 12" Square Tested

Carla J

Last night I posted under her original thread the results of the square's testing: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1369167&postcount=43

The picture as taken last night in bad lighting. I retook the picture today with a second test of the same pattern in thread. I think I like the patter in yarn better. Here are the new pictures...

1216742593-1.jpg (This is on a paper napkin, an was worked with Knit Cro-sheen denium blue #10 bedspread thread and a boye 6 hook. It is 5 3/4" square.)

1216742594-1-1.jpg1216742594-2.jpg and here is the better shot of the first tester in the Caron (sp) mill end yarn -- 1216742595-1.jpg

Thank you so much for letting me test this Julee!

:crochetingyou did a great job was it easy to do?where do you get the pattern if i want to test it ? Thank you ?theresa :hug

For 'ville members that would like to have testers for their patterns, you may go to http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78 and they generally will ask for them there.

The pattern tested was designed by Julee aka here at the 'ville as CroJulee. She has already requested and received her 12 testers. I believe that she had posted that the pattern may be available at her Etsy shop, but you would need to ask her about that.

Oh, Hi again,

I'm hoping to have the pattern available by tomorrow, or, maybe even tonight. Maybe not though. Today it will be hard to concentrate.

Have a great day ya'll and thanks for all ya'll support!!

Julee

Great job Carla!!! Thanks for testing the pattern for me!! You were amazing!!

Thanks so much!!

Julee

:lolI am glad I was not to bothersome! But I was happy :jumpyay:flower, to :crocheting for you!

:lolI am glad I was not to bothersome! But I was happy :jumpyay:flower, to :crocheting for you!

Oh, not bother some at all. It's great to have testers that are so on the ball. I was very impressed with everybody who was testing the square for me. Everyone did amazing job!!

Julee

The both look nice, but I agree with you that the yarn suits the square better - I think the softness of the yarn complements the texture of the square...

It is interesting, I did my first square in wool and it looked nice (I love the colour), but I have since done some in a Simply Soft equivalent (slightly finer acrylic with a bit of a sheen) and it just sits better and looks more "right" in that yarn...

Cheers,

The both look nice, but I agree with you that the yarn suits the square better - I think the softness of the yarn complements the texture of the square...

It is interesting, I did my first square in wool and it looked nice (I love the colour), but I have since done some in a Simply Soft equivalent (slightly finer acrylic with a bit of a sheen) and it just sits better and looks more "right" in that yarn...

Cheers,

Thank you. I am still not ruling the thread out yet. I think a finer thread such as a 20 or 30 and a 7 - 10 steel hook would probably produce a lacier and more delicate square.

Archived