smiley's yarn

I would love to order from Smileys but their inflated shipping charges cancel out any yarn savings. :( Wish I knew some people close by that were yarn hoarders like me. Then we could combine an order making it more cost-effective.

I would love to order from Smileys but their inflated shipping charges cancel out any yarn savings. :( Wish I knew some people close by that were yarn hoarders like me. Then we could combine an order making it more cost-effective.

I just placed a large order with them about an hour ago, and I thought their shipping charges were pretty reasonable! I ordered 6 skeins of Red Heart Soft Baby (3 in Rainbow Twinkle and 3 in frolic for gifts for the two pregnant women I know), and I ordered 20 skeins (10 in Pebble Beach and 10 in Purple Vista) of Lion Brand Color Waves to make a Shawler for me and one for my cousin for her birthday and for those 26 skeins of yarn the shipping was their normal flat rate of $12.95.

I would agree that if someone is purchasing just a couple of skeins of yarn, then a flat rate of $12.95 might be a bit high, but Smiley's Yarns has a minimum purchase of $40, and with their prices, you can get an awful lot of yarn for $40! For instance, this week they have Lion Brand Chenille on sale for $.77 a skein!! I wish I had something to make with it just so I could have bought some, but I need to get busy with Christmas gifts so I let it go this time. Hopefully they'll have it again in a few months and I can take advantage of it then.

I can't afford $53 worth of yarn at once and that would be the minimum payment. I did do it recently with a CraftsEtc order and I really shouldn't have because I couldn't afford that either! :lol Maybe some day I'll order from Smiley's but with the free shipping promotions going around, I'm drawn to that first. I got 25 skeins of yarn for 46 bucks with no shipping charge from that CraftsEtc order so it worked out pretty good. :hook

Archived