dishcloths

lovingmommy

Question

7 answers to this question

I use both knit and crochetd dishrags....and I'll never go back to a sponge! Mine are still holding up well....plus I love that when they get real bad I can throw them in the washer. I use Peaches N' Cream or Sugar N' Cream for mine. You will love them!!!!!!!! My bf made one and just used sc all the way across. You could vary it in anyway you want...dc, hdc, go through blo...whatever! I tend to use just straight hdc or sc on mine when I crochet them. But I normally knit mine just b/c I have some really nice patterns for them. http://www.afghansnmore.com/free-crochet-patterns/index.html

This place has tons of patterns and some pretty good dishrags in the kitchen section. I believe that's where I got the pattern for the one my bf did.

Another nice thing about them is that you can disinfect them in the microwave between trips through the wash (I think it's 30 seconds if it's dry, longer if it's wet). You can do that with sponges, too, but I've always found that sponges make the microwave all smelly when I do that, and the cotton ones don't seem to stink up the microwave the way sponges do.

Cotton works the best, and the Sugar and Cream colors are vibrant! If you use a mutli-color it looks like you have added a different color and the designs always come out different each time. The cotton dishcloths vary in design when you knit or crochet them. :hook

Walmart carries the cotton yarn on large spools on the shelves instead of the bins, you get more for your money and sometimes they are on sale. :tup

I think making dishclothes is a good way to try out new patterns or stitches. I have an eventual goal of having at least 7 so I can throw one in the wash every day.

You know, I started out in crochet by making squares, usually 12" for a group I belong to, and it was a PERFECT way for me to learn the stitches and patterns. I agree with you. I am just now going to try some dishcloths but it is a perfect way to learn using dishclothes or afghan squares.

Archived