I have got to

stay out of the craft stores! Went today for *one thing* and left with two new books (one knit, one crochet), hooks (like I need more! Of course, since I had gotten a new book my first thought was, I wonder if I have the right hook for this pattern. I'm sure I do, but I'll get another one just in case! lol), yarn, and the one thing I needed. Which, incidently, I forgot and to had to go back in and get!

OH, I so feel your pain. I went into Michaels the other night just for some ribbon to wrap a baby ghan and ended up with eight skeins of Bernat Satin :ohdear:yell

Joyce

It's a sickness which we all suffer from...especially when you see all the "SALE" signs...

Perhaps if you just went in with just enough cash to buy whatever you need. <g> And before you ask, no, I haven't been able to do this yet...

I tell you what. This site right here, Crochetville, has been SUPER EXPENSIVE for me! I went from having one or two dusty old pattern books shoved in a box in a closet somewhere to having 50+ pattern books all over the house, since I joined this site!!! Everytime I see a finished object I like, I go on a hunt (sometimes a wild goose chase) for the pattern! LOL!!!

But you all have done some awesome work, and as a result, I have wonderful challenges ahead of me (some already completed, just no camera to get pics up yet).

Your posting about the cathedral quilt afghan cost me another $12 or so on Ebay. Ebay has been LOVING me this week! LOL!!!

Did you get the pattern book from Rosethorns also? When I saw it listed, it was actually another afghan in the book that I fell in love with, so I went ahead and did a BuyItNow (my three favorite words on Ebay!) LOL!!!

Your posting about the cathedral quilt afghan cost me another $12 or so on Ebay. Ebay has been LOVING me this week! LOL!!!

Did you get the pattern book from Rosethorns also? When I saw it listed, it was actually another afghan in the book that I fell in love with, so I went ahead and did a BuyItNow (my three favorite words on Ebay!) LOL!!!

Glad I could help out :)

I haven't gotten the cathedral windows pattern yet, but I'm certainly going to try! No, didn't see that one. Will have to go check it out!

Ebay has been hearing from me a lot this week as well. I bought a set of ergonomic hooks from a Crochetville resident, and I decided that I needed to beef up my hook arsenal a bit more, so I bought the basic set of Boye hooks, the set that goes from D to K, and THEN I saw the Master Set in the little zippy case on a "Buy It Now" for $20.00(!!!) so I decided that I would, indeed, "Buy It Now". They ALL arrived today! When I got home from Houston I had a WHOLE lot of hooks! :lol

They ALL arrived today! When I got home from Houston I had a WHOLE lot of hooks! :lol

Yeah, it's been like a "Gift A Day" around my house too!

I know what you mean; my DH and I just spent several days plundering through Thrift Stores in Daytona while on vacation. I bought just about every scrap of yarn in all of them, along with other craft supplies that I thought I couldn't live without. Then just as we were leaving to come home, I spied an A. C. Moore store that was going out of business. Well, I couldn't let them go out of business without my money, so I ran in for "just a few minutes" and came out with a huge buggy full of yarn, a couple of crochet pattern books, and other assorted craft supplies. The DH had to pack the stuff in corners in the SUV and a bag under his feet as I drove home for 3 hours. The only thing he said was, does this mean i have to give up my closet?

Archived