Bryan/College Station Area , Texas

Are there any crocheters in this area???? if so raise your hand!:D

Would like to find local or close to local yarn buddies!!!!

Hi Crafty Critter!

I am close to B/CS - I actually live in Willis now (just north of Conroe), but lived in Bryan for about 7 years prior to moving here. All my clients (I do medical transcription) are in B/CS, so I drive there every day!

Just curious...is there a LYS in Bryan or College Station now? All i know of is Hobby Lobby and Walmart, but would love it if there was a better selection of yarn somewhere...I have two favorites down in Spring, but I hate driving in all the traffic!!:hook

Wow - I just looked at your blog, and you are from Franklin! Before I started medical transcription, I worked for several schools in Robertson County, Franklin MS and HS included, as an educational diagnostician (special education)...it is a small world out there!!

It is indeed a small world! Bryan does have a new LYS ....FINALLY. It's named The Hook and Needle, its at 103 North Ave West.( it's tiny and hidden behind a mini-mart.) However the owner has some really nice yarns, alothough not a lot. And she has a goal which I totally dig in that she wants to use smaller, mom and pop yarn manufactorers as well as a few companies set up for women that are ill or disbaled and cant work away from them home.

LYS number is 979-846-1871 incase you want to go and need directions.

I must say that I am planning a rather crazy and well drawn out day in Austin diggin through yarn shops.....As soon as some of my bits and pieces are gone from my stash! I think the planning is the biggest part of the fun LOL!

I'll look around and see what I can find with Bryan on minus the Texas part.

Let ya know if I find anything!:D

Goodness gracious how much more do we have in common?

We lived in Bryan/College Station for 5 years when I was little bitty. I went from PreK - 1st grade there... lol

Dad was going to school to get his PhD, and I remember lots of football and baseball games - and being able to hear the football games at night from our house! Guess that tells you how close we were to the stadium!

My brother was born there... poor kid, he's a Brian that was born in Bryan... lol Mom swears it was a coincidence :lol

The Bazillion Beads store place is still open, although it looks very dead most the time...but what do I know I only get to the "city" once every two weeks.

I think you guys should load up a come see the new LYS...come on ya know ya wanna......LYS, Sweet Eugenes, and then Freebirds...sound like a plan???:devil

Archived