am I the only one?

or has anyone else ever done this? I'm working on a purse and was wanting wooden handles for it, I've been looking at Goodwill repeatedly and the same purse was sitting there for a few weeks. Today I finally bought it bc I love the handles. UM yeah I got it home and sat it on the table, after staring at it for a few hours I liked it too much as a whole to take it apart so now I have a new purse and no handles again LOL, though there is another purse at Goodwill this one with bamboo looking handles hmm maybe I should go back for it, LOL

I may be safer just buying the handles at Walmart next time. I'm a purse person, where some people can't stop buying shoes with me it's purses, and if I'm not drooling over then in the store I'm making them at home LOL

I can totally identify with this. I haven't done it, but I can see myself doing it because I am nuts about bags and purses. I love Goodwill and some of my cutest and best bags I've found there. I've actually gotten a couple of The Sak bags at Goodwill. One friend of mine says Goodwill is her favorite store, she says it's the only "designer" store in town. I can't ever resist a cute purse at prices like that. It would actually depress me if I had to carry an old ugly purse or bag. I'm sure sooner or later you will find some handles for your bag. Good luck!

You're not the only one...I did that with a kitchen table once!

DH loves woodworking. We were driving by a yard sale last year and saw a table that had really great legs that he wanted to use for something else. When we got it hope and started cleaning it up, we noticed how much bigger it was than our old table, so he just refinished the top and it's in our kitchen now.

He still eyeballs the table legs occasionally, though :D.

I had this happen with a cabled turtleneck sweater I bought at a thift store. The intent was to recycle the yarn but after removing the neck I relized that I like it too much, it came in handy with all the weird cold weather we had last year.:hook

Archived