round ripple

LanetteG

Question

I've been trying to start the round ripple baby blanket everyone is doing and I must be doing something wrong. Every time I get to the 4th or 5th round, it won't lay flat. It's like there are suddenly too many stitches, so I frog it. Am I not going far enough, will it itself out?I thought I was counting my stitches. Help!

7 answers to this question

Lanette, are you doing Beth's Little Star Afghan? If so, then, yes, in the beginning it seems to buckle a bit, but after a while it will flatten out. If you can see at about 10-15 rows that it is still buckling or getting worse, you will have to frog and go down a size with your hook. Mine buckled a bit in the beginning but then flattened out.

Just keep going and it should flatten out although I have seen a pattern where a lot of the increasing was done at about the 5th round and it sat as a wave rather than flat. This was a table cover though.

If I knew which pattern you were using, I may be able to help more.

Colleen:think

I think I did that one a couple years ago, but don't remember it curling too badly. It did curl, but flattened itself out as it went along. Mine didn't have as many points but the web URL was the same. :think

Archived