IV Cover/ Wrist Warmer Pattern 4 Charity Use

CroJulee

Here's a pattern for an IV cover I made up today (make 2, and they would make nice WristWarmers).

I hope it'll work. Never made one before. If anyone has suggestions just let me know.

Here it is:

IVcover4.jpgIVcover3.jpg

IV Cover

Size is probably Medium to Large

Finished Size: 3" wide x 4 ½" Long

Materials:

Size "J" crochet hook ( you can use a smaller hook to make smaller ones)

Small amount worsted weight yarn (I’ve heard bright colors are good)

Tapestry needle for sewing together and weaving in ends.

Gauge:

2 Hdc rows= 1"

4 Hdc= 1"

Notes: You can make this IV cover larger or smaller by adding or subtracting Chains, and rows.

Ch 18,

Row 1: Hdc in second ch from hook and in each ch across, ch1. (17 Hdc)

Row 2-3: Hdc in each Hdc across, ch1. (17 Hdc)

Row 4: Hdc in each of next 3 Hdc, ch5, skip next 5 Hdc, Hdc in next 9 Hdc (there will be more or less Hdc here depending on if you make these longer or shorter), ch1. (12 Hdc, 5 ch)

Row 5: Hdc in each Hdc and ch across, ch1. (17 Hdc)

Row 6-16: Repeat row 2. (You can add or subtract rows here to make wider or skinnier).

Fasten off leaving approx. 6 inches and sew first and last rows together (rows will be running length wise up your hand). Weave in ends.

This pattern is for charity use only!! Thanks

IV as in needle in your arm stuck in hospital IV? Interesting :)

I like it even as a wrist warmer. Thank you very much for sharing with us.

IV as in needle in your arm stuck in hospital IV? Interesting :)

I like it even as a wrist warmer. Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Oh that's what I forgot last night. I was in a hurry to get it on there and I totally forgot to add that. Thanks for reminding me!!

Julee

Please don't take this as a 'knock' on your IV cover. I think it's a cool design :) I wish i'd thought of it lol.

But i just wanted to throw a suggestion out there, for other IV cover ideas, along with this one. It might inspire more IV cover ideas? Not all IVs are in the hand, unfortunately. Some people do not have the best of access for various reasons. Some people wind up with an IV on their side forearm, in the crook of the elbow, and even on their feet. In other words, a variety of designs could come from this? Besides, crocheted IV covers are way cooler than those tight, awful cheesecloth things. What made me think of this is that i see a ton of IVs a day. It's AMAZING where our IV nurse team can find a vein!!

Oh, I don't take that as a knock at all. Thanks for letting me know. My biggest problem would be knowing how long to make them and how wide, and those sorts of things so if you could give me some measurement ideas I will hop to designing right away. Thanks again for the suggestions!!

Julee

Please don't take this as a 'knock' on your IV cover. I think it's a cool design :) I wish i'd thought of it lol.

But i just wanted to throw a suggestion out there, for other IV cover ideas, along with this one. It might inspire more IV cover ideas? Not all IVs are in the hand, unfortunately. Some people do not have the best of access for various reasons. Some people wind up with an IV on their side forearm, in the crook of the elbow, and even on their feet. In other words, a variety of designs could come from this? Besides, crocheted IV covers are way cooler than those tight, awful cheesecloth things. What made me think of this is that i see a ton of IVs a day. It's AMAZING where our IV nurse team can find a vein!!

Oh, I don't take that as a knock at all. Thanks for letting me know. My biggest problem would be knowing how long to make them and how wide, and those sorts of things so if you could give me some measurement ideas I will hop to designing right away. Thanks again for the suggestions!!

Julee

Hmm, sometimes the mid-arm can provide an IV. That could be as long as the wrist one, just no thumb hole. Elbow, no thumb hole, but maybe a little longer?

As for feet IVs, maybe a 'sock' idea, with openings at the toes (for circulation assessment) and heel?

Archived