totoro?

lene

Question

Anyone know of any crochet patterns for Totoro, the cat bus, etc? I'd dearly love to be able to make some of these, but haven't got a clue how to do it without a pattern. Ideally, I'd like to be able to make stuffed toys, but even simple graphs to do images on a blanket or purse would be great.

Thanks!

Lene'

6 answers to this question

There was a Totoro exhibit here at the Seattle Children's Museum in March '04. Here is a photo of the cat bus from the exhibit. My kids are inside.

16722729_2eb36edcff_m.jpg

This would be so fun to do! I'll try to find a pattern!

And wow, is that humongous CatBus the coolest, or what? :heart Bet your kids got a real kick out of that!

We love all the Miyazaki movies, but have a special soft spot for Totoro, because it was our first. I've seen some plushies for sale online, but they can be quite expensive, especially once you factor in shipping, and my budget just doesn't stretch quite that far. I'd be willing to try making one myself, though, but don't trust my novice skills enough to think I can figure out how to do it unassisted. Especially since it seems like it will require crocheting in the round, and for the life of me I can't seem to get that yet. (I do ok when crocheting in the round for things that stay flat, like placemats, but to go round for balls or stuffed toys defeats me.)

If you do try it with some success, i'd be very grateful for the tips or the pattern. :)

Lene'

Archived