Favorite steel hooks.

I thought it was about time that I try out the zoom feature on my Olympus digital camera. It has 5 times digital zoom.

So I finally had the time to play with it today. Here are my favorite steel crochet hooks.

I absolutely love these made in the USA by Boye. Was lucky and got them on Ebay a couple years ago.

P5240001.jpg

I got the Inox ones at www.needlepointjoint.com and love them, too. They were very reasonably priced at $2.45 each. Hope to order some of the larger sizes which will cost only $2.95 each. I only have the B, C, and D hooks, but can make do with my larger Boye hooks until then.

P5240002.jpg

Not as large an image as I had hoped. Looks like I should have had the camera closer to really zoom in or I need more zoom power. I just wanted to see if there is truly much difference between digital and optical zoom. It's the 1st time in all these years that I've used the zoom.

Beverly

The only place I've seen them is on Ebay. I ordered an extra set right after I got the 1st ones and haven't seen them anywhere else although I do a search for them every now and then. The Inox hooks are great,too. So I'll be happy just to have a complete set of them instead.

Beverly

You should send a PM to acraftylady as she has been desperately looking for those Boye hooks. it is amazing that you should post that just when she is in a lookout phase. :think

I'll NEVER part with mine. I bought an extra set just in case I should lose any of the first ones I bought. Even with the extras that I bought I wasn't able to get all of the sizes that I did the 1st time around. Wish Boye would make them again.

Beverly

Do the Boye comfort grip hooks have a flat place for your thumb? I have an Inox hook, and I don't like it, because it rolls around in my hand, and I can't hold the hook at exactly the right angle. My doily swap partner sent me a couple of similar hooks from India, made by Pony, and they have handles shaped exactly right, and about the size of a J hook. I LOVE them, and since they are two of my favorite sizes, I feel very blessed.

I don't have a problem (yet) with small, thin hooks, but I already feel how comfortable those larger handles are.

If Boye could be persuaded to make them again. I wish they would include the smaller hook sizes. I only have sizes 00, 0, 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 and the smallest ones for Inox start at B.

Beverly

No, the Boye Comfort Grip Hooks do NOT have a flat section. The handle is completely round just like the Inox hooks. The handle on the Boye is just a little larger than on the Inox. Even with the flat section on many hooks, they still seem to get turned around for me. The totally round design slips back around quickly for me and isn't such a problem.

Beverly

Archived