Today was a REALLY big yarn day!!!!!!!

Well, as the title of this thread says, today was a REALLY big yarn day, and the best part is I am off work today so I could totally just enjoy and play with my new yarn! WooHoo!!! :cheer

The UPS truck arrived at about 11:30 this morning and my desk clerk called me to tell me that I had 2 packages down there. I was still asleep so I told her that I would come down a bit later after the mail had arrived, that way I would only have to make one trip. I HATE going up and down those stairs unless I really have to. I waited until 1:30 and called her and she said that the mail had come, and I had two more big boxes!! FOUR BIG BOXES TODAY!!

I went downstairs to get my goodies, and when I got everything back to my apartment I opened them to find that I had the gray and purple yarn that I had won in the Ebay auction last week from 7paws, I had one box that contained a 2 pound spool of very thin chenille in a dark celery color, and I had a gigantic box from Elmore Pisgah with two cones of Bright Navy cotton, four cones of Butterscotch, FIVE grab bags that I have to go through later, and at least a dozen patterns that they threw in for free on these really cute little printed sheets and a knitted panel that you stitch onto a sweatshirt, also thrown in for free. Oh, and in the box with the celery colored chenille there was another whole cone of black mohair that, while I probably won't use it for anything to wear, will probably be cute to use for some small amigurumi because of its "fuzzy factor".

At least three of the grab bags have big roll of black a roll of orange and a roll of white cotton in them, they must be thinking "Halloween", lots of really big rolls of #10 cotton in white, ecru and a very pretty camel color. The only thing that I am not totally happy with is the color of the Butterscotch cotton. I chose that for the Pineapple skirt, thinking that it was close enough to khaki that I could probably wear it for work with a navy top, but it is much more on the "pumpkin-y" side than it looked on my monitor when I chose the color. It's still a pretty color, just not quite what I was looking for. But I'll make do because I don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back.

So my stash grew by leaps and bounds today! Yay, stash!! :lol

I just love getting presents like that in the mail, even when I know what they are. Everything sounds so yummy. :yarn You'll have to gather it all up and snuggle with it for a bit. :hook Now you'll have to decide what to start first.

Have fun! :crocheting

It's a good thing your not in the stash busting game!! :lol

Have fun with it all!

Exactly. Your score would be a big negative for the week.

Have fun with all that wonderful thread and yarn. Enjoy!

:manyheart

It's fun to get "presents" in the mail, even if I bought them for myself. As far as the stash busting game, there's no way I could ever enter one of those, because I like buying yarn too much! :lol

Archived