Proud of my sons

Oh, I'm just so proud of my boys. I was sitting in the bleachers at their school's field day. In between their events I was crocheting of course. One of their little 4th grade friends said,"Wow, you're good at knitting!" So Michael said,"Dude, it's crochet!" in this tone like "how could you not know that?" Then my other son Chris added,"Yeah, it's the one with the hook, not those pointy needles" (also said in same "how could you not know that" tone).

*Sniff* I'm so proud!

Yes, they do. One of them even tried to learn to crochet. He had a hard time but it was with Caron Simply Soft and a big plastic hook. Maybe I'll try an easier hook and yarn and he'll have better luck.

Your boy's pay attention to you and are not afraid to stand up to their friends. Those are strong little guys you have. As for the learning to crochet try to have him use an I hook and Red heart yarn in a bright color. Easier to hold hook but not too big and yarn that is easy to see stitches.

That is VERY cute! Once when I was crocheting at an event, a lady came up to me and asked if I had to count stitches like when you knit. :think

Bev

Archived