In Vogue Tote (minus the flap)

yarn_monkey

This pattern is from American School of Needlework's Trendsetting Totes and it's called In Vogue. The pattern called for a flap, but I didn't think I wanted to mess with that everytime I wanted inside, so I omitted the flap and added a tab with a magnetic snap (my first attempt at the magnetic snap and I did pretty well lol). If you want any details on how I omitted the flap and added the tab, they'll be on my blog. I used Peaches & Cream cotton in Natural. If you make this purse and intend on putting ANYTHING inside, shorten the strap! A lot! :yes I didn't, and now it has a big knot in the top so the bag doesn't sit at my knees.

invoguetote.jpg

And here's a close-up of the lining. It was $1/yd clearance fabric from Walmart, and I added 4" pockets all the way around the inside. The picture isn't that great, but you get the idea. :)

invoguelining.jpg

You can also see my coffee cup cozy and my business card holder! :hook Let me know what you think!

Great Job! Love the colors and the lining is fantastic! I have the booka nd fell in love wiht it, however I hate flaps.

Cora

Me too! What a pain! :yes I have enough stuff in my purse to not want to fight with a flap! lol If you want to make it, I put directions on how I did the tab for the magnetic snap instead of the flap on my blog. :hook

Pretty bag, I like the fact the you were able to add pockets to the lining of the bag. I've been wanting to do this but am afraid that I'll mess it up.

Archived