Water Bottle Holder

My sister asked me to crochet some sort of water bottle holder that she could attach to one of those folding lawn chairs since hers doesn't have a cup holder on it already. Do y'all think that if I crochet something like this pattern, (http://www.luv2crochet.com/girlswaterbottleholder.pdf), it could just be tied to the chair and work okay? I was thinking with that long strap, it would be easily removable and be used as both a bottle holder for the chair or she could carry it around with her. What do you think?

That might work. I'm not sure if the strap would stretch too much. maybe you could make a rectangle that would drape over the arm of the chair with a poket on the outside. Kinda like remote cozys that go over the arm of a couch. you would probably have to put something in one half of it to balance the weight though if that even makes sense lol

It looks simple enough to just give it a try and see if it works. I'd probably use a short strap and a button so that it could be attached to the arm of the chair, just a thought. Let us know how you get on :)

That would work. Another idea might be to start the strap on the one side, but make it shorter, and then sew a button just under where the strap starts...if the strap is in sc, then in the second last row, make a button loop...if it's dc, the yarn will stretch enough. Then she could button it around the handle. (Granted, that eliminates the long strap for walking with it, unless you make a long strap anyway, and the free end just dangles when buttoned around a chair arm.) You could also sew on a snap or two, instead of a button if you prefer.

HTH

Archived