What to do with Lion Brand "Incredible" yarn?

Any ideas?

I've been playing around with this stuff for the past few days and none of the free patterns on the Lionbrand website appeal to me at all. What should I do?

^,^

I only have three skeins of the stuff too, and I'm not likely to buy any more anytime soon.

I just bought nine skeins of the shades of blue and nine skeins of the autumn leaves at Dollar Tree. They also had shades of gray/black and a multi-color that was just too loud for my taste, so I bought everything I could get my hands on in the colors I thought would look OK on me. The reason I bought everything they had in both of those colors was because I wanted to be sure that I had enough to make something sizeable with them and not just a scarf. I'm not a scarf person, so I definitely need more than one skein of whatever it is to make something for myself.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with the stuff! It's an interesting yarn, and I think it's going to make cute tank tops or something wearable, but as yet I have no concrete idea what that something wearable is going to be. I have to get ink for my printer, or I'm not going to be making anything unless the pattern is either in a magazine, or I sit at my computer desk to crochet, because right now I have thousands of patterns stored in my online files, and no way (short of sitting copying them by hand) to get them onto paper so that I cam crochet them!

I have used a lot of it with corresponding color eyelash yarn to make some shopping bags. They are very sturdy and have sufficient give to put a lot in depending on how large you make the bag. I made an extra large one for myself to put on the back of my electric scooter (hangs over the headrest). It really comes in handy. I have also given some to friends. They really like them too.

I have some, too! Shades of Blue for me, black for my sister, and Autumn Leaves for Mom. Waiting for inspiration to strike. Shopping bags, hmmm... Never thought of that, but they sure would be pretty with some fuzzy or furry trim.

I have used a lot of it with corresponding color eyelash yarn to make some shopping bags. They are very sturdy and have sufficient give to put a lot in depending on how large you make the bag. I made an extra large one for myself to put on the back of my electric scooter (hangs over the headrest). It really comes in handy. I have also given some to friends. They really like them too.

I was thinking about making some lunch bags with them, maybe I'll try that. What size of crochet hook do you use for yours? I'm a little concerned the P hook might leave holes a bit too large to suit my needs.

I've made 2 purses from it. One with autumn leaves and one with the black/grey/white that I lined with hot pink skull fabric for my stepdaughter. I wish that I had taken a picture of that one, but I forgot. I think I used whatever hook the yarn called for. This is the one I made with autmn leaves, it should be clickable.

th_100_3854.jpg

It was just a long rectangle that I folded up leaving a flap and sc up the sides to close. This yarn will stretch so be sure to think of that on handles.

Archived