Knitting Socks with Magic Loop Technique

LaurieE

I signed up for a class on how to knit socks using the magic loop technique at an LYS. Oh my heavens, it is so easy! Much easier than using those double pointed needles. And the best part, I'm not getting those ladders going up the sides of the sock. Tomorrow is the last class and we'll be covering how to do the heal without picking up stitches. When I get my first sock done, I'll post pictures.

Although I learned how to knit 45+ years ago, I know the basics and that's it. I never advanced past that. So I just had to share with other beginners my excitement about this magic loop technique. It's going to make it so much easier to knit stuff in the round.

Good for you Laurie!!!

I've done socks on two circulars, but not Magic Loop. I really like dpns, so doing something different right now doesn't appeal to me. ML is nifty-looking....I may give it a try later down the road........

I signed up for a class on how to knit socks using the magic loop technique at an LYS. Oh my heavens, it is so easy! Much easier than using those double pointed needles. And the best part, I'm not getting those ladders going up the sides of the sock. Tomorrow is the last class and we'll be covering how to do the heal without picking up stitches. When I get my first sock done, I'll post pictures.

Although I learned how to knit 45+ years ago, I know the basics and that's it. I never advanced past that. So I just had to share with other beginners my excitement about this magic loop technique. It's going to make it so much easier to knit stuff in the round.

I love love love ML but how in the heck do you do a heel without picking up stitches, so far that to me has been easy the picking up stitches part but the short row and wraps has me a little confused. I understand short rows but the wraping has me ??????? if I follow is step by step I will get it

that and the toe Kitchener thing has me confused again OH well glad to know ...........maybe I will sign up for a class instead of blundering around .......

Magic Loop just means you're using one circular needle to make the sock.

I love this way of making socks. I use a 32" circular needle.

My teacher said something about doing decreases instead. I'll know more after my class tomorrow. I'll pass along how she said to do it.

Magic Loop just means you're using one circular needle to make the sock.

I love this way of making socks. I use a 32" circular needle.

Thanks for the information,:hug I have never heard of it. Do you happen to have a link to a pattern? I am really curious about how it's done. I use dpn's. Is the loop method like a tube sock?

I love to do socks with circulars instead of dpn's, sooooooooo much easier. I am doing two at a time right now. I bought "2 at a time socks" book a while ago and have made 3 pairs so far, notice I said pairs. LOL! (yes, I have had second sock syndrome myself)

Be sure to post some pictures so we can see your beautiful work.

Eileen

Archived