What do you do with your shawls once you've crocheted them?

I make them and stick them in the closet as my local nursing home did not what anything to do with them.

I have a friend asking around at other places to see if she can get someone to take them. Seriously.. I am thinking it's time to dump them and just move on.

I wish I didn't love making shawls so much.

I hope you mean to dump them to a second hand store... or send them to some charity... That would be a good idea.

I also love making shawls. I'm glad this post was started. I have several I want to do but wasn't sure how I would wear them all! I also have about 7 scarfs. I wear one for the winter and the other sit there. I'm not much for changing unless I have to or want to. I have about 4 purses and 3 in process and really only carry one until it wears out... I do donate things too, but like DianeJerry said, it's like people with 50 shoes... of course we're not couting my non-crochet items (not shoes though).

Debbi

a thought...could you give them to the mothers of the children in hospitals. I know that hospitals are often cold, and parents of children in the hospital can use every positive thought they can get. Especially mothers with babies in the NICU.

I have a question and a suggestion. What is a seraphina shawl? I was also thinking about donating to nursing homes. Older people, especially when they're on blood thinners are always cold. You could also consider donating them to a cancer center. Alot of people on chemo get cold. Mine uses those cotton blankets, but I bet people would love a shaw when they're cold.

Joyannerose

i agree, i often take a bunch up to the care facilty that my mil was in. the seniors there would often see me crochet when i visited mom, and i made several new friends. they love getting the shawls and it makes me feel very good to know i made a difference in someones life

Archived