Baby Afghan/Blanket w/Baby Clouds or Homespun

deneen

Question

I am looking for a pattern for a baby afghan using the RH Baby Clouds yarn. I have the RH Ripple pattern, but wanted something different. This is a bulky weight yarn, hook size is N. It's like baby Homespun. I also checked out the Lion site for their patterns too. I guess I just want something someone here has made and was happy with.

Any suggestions?????

6 answers to this question

I have made the terry spun one from Lion Brand. You could easily substitute the Baby Clouds for it. Very much alike.

Hugs! :hook

When I make a baby blanket using the Baby Clouds I just chain out as long as I want it and the just do double crochets the whole blanket, it makes the holes small enough and it is very fuzzy and soft.

Me and 2 crocheting co-workers made a blanket for another co-worker, but decided to make a blanket that would grow with the child...something they would love using even as a toddler (perfect for taking to Daycare that would be comforting). We used Bernat soft boucle in the colors of the nursery which was a sage green and cream. The furniture in the baby's room was black (very hip couple, it was so cool). We made alternating squares of solid colors, starting the first round in black and trimming in black single crochets. The result was gorgeous! She loved it and it was a big hit at the shower, everyone loved how soft it was and the colors matched perfectly. We made 12 (4 each) squares with 10 rounds on each square, so it is a nice size and looked great draped over the rocking chair as well as in the crib.

I made a Baby Homespun blanket making a starting ch as long as I wanted and then did the V-stitch (very easy with boucle yarn). Since the yarn is so bulky, it fills in the holes. I think I used an M or N hook too. My mom uses it for her dolls, but it's beautiful and squishy. :)

Archived